1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3D Voxel Door

Discussion in 'Model Contributions' started by Ishred11, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Ishred11

Ishred11 Contributor

• Contributor
    This a Voxel Door a made, as I seen there weren't any inside game yet, Made with MagicaVoxel, Matches the same color as the Table, But this isn't textured, I just painted the face of the door with the program.

[​IMG]

I will also make another version with out the border around the door.
    Please let me know what you think.
  2. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    This is very well done! And as a plus, its not super geometrically complex! Good work :)
  3. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    This is very well done indeed! I really like the way details can be added without going overboard on complexity - it gives the model a sense of elegance.
  4. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

This looks really good.
    Is it matched with the 0.5m SoA block form factor?
    It would be interesting to fix the sizes if its not, to avoid further problems.
    But if you have to change it, try to not change how it looks, it's awesome.
  5. Ishred11

Ishred11 Contributor

• Contributor
    Thanks
    I'm not sure of sizing yet, I don't have Qubicle to get the final finished version that would go in-game, It should be pretty easy to scale the door though. I plan on trying to get Qubicle soon, right now im using MagicaVoxel (Good for modeling, not so good for everything else), it exports to QB, so once I get that, we should be good. Thanks
    Thank you, it means alot, I just want to hopefully further the development of the game with my models, You told me on the Twitch Stream, This is a possible way to helping with making models etc. So I do whatever it takes to help as much as I can.
    Thanks alot :)
  6. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    Beautiful! I like your door.
  7. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

No need to worry much about QB, the game doesn't have a system to load anything other than the blocks yet!
    And I think you would not be able to impleent them on the game right when it's possible, the devs would have to do it for you.
    Because of how they are going to move, IIRC.
    tetryds, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by tetryds; at Apr 21, 2014
  8. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    Yeah, Qubicle seems to be popular, but I think Ben is going to make an editor so that you may define certain properties of specific voxels - such as, in the case of creatures, skin voxels, organ voxels, flesh voxels and so on.
  9. Ishred11

Ishred11 Contributor

• Contributor
    Yeah I meant just as far as getting a voxel type format that a engine can read, Right now they are just voxel models inside of the voxel editor. Qubicle has to option to export to many different file types, But I think it would be great if Ben creates an editor later on, Should make things alot easier for getting them inside the game.
  10. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    I would guess that the game would end up using a custom model file type maybe? I don't know all the technicalities, but to store extra data, I would guess Ben would need to create his own file type for models. That said, Qubicle is certainly your best bet to be able to export in a usable file type.
  11. Heartless

Heartless Heartless Forum Poster

You can't get a much more beautiful door than that.