1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3D Voxel Table & Chair for decoration

Discussion in 'Model Contributions' started by Ishred11, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Ishred11

Ishred11 Contributor

• Contributor
    This was made in MagicaVoxel (dont have Qubicle Yet), I hope someone can help me get this until the right format.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    not sure how you guys planned on doing things like this in game, pre-built models for stuff like this? or smaller blocks to build your stuff.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is a quick do of a chair, I will make more and revise it in the future.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    Ishred11, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited by Ishred11; at Apr 21, 2014
    PsychoticLeprechaun likes this.
  2. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    I do not believe that the way furniture will work has been decided on yet, however, I would suspect that we would extend the system we intend for crafting of items to the crafting of furniture. That said, I like the model, the small details on the edge of the table, like the indentation, make it look really nice! Good job :D
  3. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

This is very well finished.
  4. Ishred11

Ishred11 Contributor

• Contributor
    Thanks, Im a environment artist, I come from a non-voxel modeling background, but i am open to new things and want to get into voxel art. With this type of game, I wouldn't think we would need alot of environment models, So im just looking for some stuff to model, I thought maybe a table, If you guy want me to model something in specific please let me know.
    Thanks, It could be better, first time doing Voxel art inside of a program I never used before. I will try to come up with more things to model
  5. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    Yeah, the environment is, at least so far, just simple block meshes or some weird cross of squares in the case of flora, with 2D textures over the top. That said, any item/furniture you can think off will almost certainly be done in this voxel-based manner. Try out some other things, maybe a chair to complete the set, to start with! :p
  6. Ishred11

Ishred11 Contributor

• Contributor
    I updated the thread with a chair, please let me know what you think :)
  7. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    So you did! You have a really consistent sense of style, which is really nice to see. The only issue is the back of the chair seems a tad short - but then again, I am a rather tall person! Good work once more, however.
  8. Gilzokha

Gilzokha Texture & 3D Artist

• Dev Member
    Your details in your furnitures are very good! Very well themed, also the door!
  9. Gilzokha

Gilzokha Texture & 3D Artist

• Dev Member
    I hope I can help you with this:

[​IMG]
  10. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

CHAINSAWWWW!!!!!!

Epic models, Gilz!
  11. Ishred11

Ishred11 Contributor

• Contributor
    Thanks, this should help for future models and things
  12. Heartless

Heartless Heartless Forum Poster

I do really like your modeling style. Hope some of them will be in the game!