1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abominas's bug list 0.2.0 DEMO

Discussion in 'Seed of Andromeda' started by Abominas, May 25, 2015.

1. Abominas

Abominas Crash Landed

This is a list of bugs that I have found, in addition to some fixes I thought up. I will try to think of a fix for each one.
    I will edit this list as I play the demo, (which is beautiful btw :D :D).

Bug 1: Dragging the mouse after clicking any Widget in the UI also moves the camera.
    Possible fix: Detect a click on existing Widgets. If no click is registered, let click affect the camera.
    Source: Past experience in UI design.

Bug 2: [FIXED] Zooming completely into any object causes a bug where the camera can not be zoomed out again. It happens when the camera is zoomed in until there appears to be an enlarged texture on the screen.
    My best guess at at least an easy possible fix is to add a maximum zoom to the camera.
    Source: Off the top of my head.

//APPARENTLY KNOWN
    Bug 3: There is a visible tear that splits the textures on objects that have them in half on the horizontal axis.
    Possible fix: I'm not too sure about this one, as it becomes less visible the closer the camera is from the object. Perhaps it's an error in the LOD code.
    [​IMG]
    Source: Limited knowledge of the code. ;)

Bug 4: There are two moons in the same location, one inside the other! They are orbiting Hyperion. They are called Pelops and Hyperion-3. It seems that I can't upload images right now; I will try again later.
    Possible fix: Move the planet outside. I think it would be awesome to see hollow planets that contain another planet at the core! Additionally it would be epic to see asteroids collide with planets and create huge explosions!

Edit: Please add any bugs here! It will be easier for the devs to fix them if there is one big list. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
    Abominas, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by Benjamin; at May 25, 2015
  2. Xion

Xion Industrial Re-revolutionist

Bug 3 is already known by the devs. Pretty sure Ben mentioned it in one of his progress reports.

One bug I'd like to add is this:

The starburst from Trinity B is visible through the body of Trinity A.

[​IMG]

Trinity C seems to be too far away to tell if the starburst of either A or B can be seen through it, or if C can be seen through A as well. The fix is probably pretty obvious to you guys at this point. :p
    Last edited: May 25, 2015
    Xion, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by Xion; at May 25, 2015
  3. Abominas

Abominas Crash Landed

Thanks I'll edit my list and add your bug! :)
  4. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    * "Bug 2: Zooming completely into any object causes a bug where the camera can not be zoomed out again. It happens when the camera is zoomed in until there appears to be an enlarged texture on the screen.
    My best guess at at least an easy possible fix is to add a maximum zoom to the camera.
    Source: Off the top of my head."
    FIXED - Just needed to change the zoom logic a bit.