1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben - June 4 2015

Discussion in 'Developer Progress Reports' started by Benjamin, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Wooo today was a long day. Sitting in one place for 12 hours really doesn't feel good.

Today I did a lot of work on refactoring our entire rendering pipeline to allow much better multithreaded loading. I added some asset loaders and did some digging around in Christians Array game codebase to see how it was structured. I should be finished with it tomorrow. Still don't have any new images for you.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the boring posts, not everything is frontend :p See Game Code commit messages for slightly more detail.

Commits:
    Vorb Engine: 3
    Game Code: 11
    Game Data: 1
    Total: 15
  2. Thomas988

Thomas988 Back Into Space

I've had 12 hour computer sessions before. I'm sure making an awesome game like SoA for that much time is much more fun than aimlessly browsing the internet like I would be doing. ;)
    Benjamin likes this.
  3. Dysche

Dysche Intern Programmer

• Dev Member
    That image kinda represents me making Mc mods, lol.
    Benjamin and FruitGish like this.
  4. Sevio

Sevio Back Into Space

Be sure to take regular breaks (and drinks!) to give your mind a rest now and then! Sometimes when you're stuck on something, it also helps working on a different problem for a while and come back to it later with a fresh view. :)
  5. joppiesaus

joppiesaus Infamous Space-Octopus

And in addition to that: Exercise. Walk to somewhere, go somewhere with your bike... Just get out of your house and do something. It doesn't have to be longer than 5 minutes, but it really helps your mind and your feeling,
    Snipecoolbunny likes this.
  6. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Yup I try to get up and move around every now and then. Michael has challenged me to do 100 pullups per day, so that helps too.
    Thomas988 and ColdFuseon like this.
  7. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    [​IMG]

edit actually I should've put your head there
    ColdFuseon, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited by ColdFuseon; at Jun 5, 2015
    NeonSturm, Benjamin and Thomas988 like this.