1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben - June 6 2015

Discussion in 'Developer Progress Reports' started by Benjamin, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Power outages today left me without a computer for the first half of the day. Hate that crap >.< At least I got some reading done.

Today was all backend rendering dev and working on the loading transition from space to land when selecting a new game. I am making it so that when you click new game, it starts loading all the needed assets in the background as it slowly zooms towards the ground. Once you reach the ground, it's finished loading!

Don't have anything to show for it yet, so instead have a lovely image of Elysion-3 hiding inside the rings of Elysion!

[​IMG]

At the end of the day I got hung up on an obscure bug where the scripting environment randomly started crashing on construction, which makes me things I corrupted something. Those bugs are the worst...

Commits:
    Game Code: 10
    Benjamin, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited by Benjamin; at Jun 7, 2015
  2. Thomas988

Thomas988 Back Into Space

Yay, Elysian moons! More celestial bodies = happier me. ;)

Too bad for the power outages! What you got done today, though, sounds pretty good! :D
    ColdFuseon and Benjamin like this.
  3. NeonSturm

NeonSturm Back Into Space

*donate a fail-save power-supply to the devs* ;)

Sometimes it's good to get away from our code-editors and refresh our thoughts without the stress created by problem-containing code in your vision.
  4. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Didn't do much programming today so will be skipping a progress report. Just though I would let you guys know! I did manage to finish a tutorial on debug rendering and glDrawElements however!
    ColdFuseon and Thomas988 like this.
  5. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Sorry again for no posting, only worked 4 hours yesterday. Going to catch up today and do a post covering the stuff I've done over the past 3 days!
    ColdFuseon, joppiesaus and Thomas988 like this.
  6. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    it is okay you don't need to be sorry take your time ben
    NeonSturm, joppiesaus and Thomas988 like this.