1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben - May 24-25 2015

Discussion in 'Developer Progress Reports' started by Benjamin, May 25, 2015.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Hey guys! Yesterdays crunch-time left me too tired to make a report, so todays report will cover today and yesterday! I want to take a small break for today so I am ending very early.

* Vorb Engine *

Really didn't do much vorb wise at all, just some fixes for form management and window settings saving.

* Game *

Game stuff was mainly lots of various fixes and enhancements, such as adding a volume slider (that I had to fix today), adding a better set of tracks for the music, adding an overlay for planet details, and fixing up the differen't options menus in general. There's still a good number of bugs to be fixed, but I will get on that tomorrow :) There will be another build soon that fixes at least most of the issues you all found.

Here's yer image, my changes to clouds. I'm sure Julien will enhance further:

[​IMG]

Commits
    Vorb Engine: 4
    Game Data: 16
    Game Code: 18
    Total: 38
    Con No 1 and ColdFuseon like this.
  2. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
  3. Xion

Xion Industrial Re-revolutionist

Hey, Ben. You should update your Twitter background with a cool image of your latest build. :)
    Thomas988 and ColdFuseon like this.
  4. Thomas988

Thomas988 Back Into Space

The demo is awesome! :D
  5. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    I can't help feel those clouds should be more sparse or at least be on a much smaller scale.
  6. Crazy Lamb

Crazy Lamb Crash Landed

The demo is epic, and I'm super pumped for the voxel update!

Edit: Would it be possible to make the clouds more swirly, instead of just clumped together? They're great as they are, but I'd love it if they looked more like this:

[​IMG]

Obviously a (modern-day) computer cannot perfectly simulate the aerodynamics and weather processes of Earth, but even just a swirly-looking effect would be amazing :D
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
    Crazy Lamb, May 26, 2015
    Last edited by Crazy Lamb; at May 26, 2015
  7. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    Maybe we could repurpose the gas giant code for it, even.
  8. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Good idea! Will have to grab a good one at the end of the day.

I will put thought into this! We want to use as little noise as possible to keep it performant, and getting something that looks like that ^ requires a good bit of noise.