1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved Change the font

Discussion in 'Website & Forums' started by Arctic, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    This new font is really hard to read. Please change it to something easier on the eyes, like Verdana or Arial or something. Aaaaaaaaaa
    I don't like it.
  2. Turner

Turner Brometheus [26/50]

Agreed this font is incredibly hard to read. Seems like it was made just for Titles, which is fine. If you don't want to change the whole font on the forum (which I suggest doing) then give the users an option in there control panel to change it.
  3. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    Sorry! I was just testing to see if it would work, to make the font between here and the main site the same!

I will be using it in some places, but I agree that in most areas it is incredibly hard to read.
  4. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    Okay, update: I'm going to test another variant of the font, if it doesn't work then I will look at applying it only to certain aspects such as titles.
  5. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    What are your thoughts on this font variant? Is it easier, and if so, is it something you like?
  6. jessenic

jessenic Web Developer

• Dev Member
    This font is hard to read too. The characters are too close to each other and they are too dark. Fine for shorter texts, but not for longer ones. (Maybe try changing them to white if it makes any difference as the fonts on the main website are ok)
  7. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    How does it seem now? I need to do some editing, but just for checking, I've made it all white.
  8. jessenic

jessenic Web Developer

• Dev Member
    White seems a lot better! This font might need some time to get used to, but still I prefer normal fonts for longer texts :p
  9. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    I think I may make posts standard font, and keep the font for other aspects.

What do you think of it now? I like it this way so far.
  10. jessenic

jessenic Web Developer

• Dev Member
    This is perfect. The Editor still has the font btw.
  11. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    Not any more it doesn't!
  12. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    Okay, here forwards, keep an eye out for areas where the font is dodgy, and post here with where and what the issue is! I will endeavour to get this looking right, but for now I cannot due to time limitations. Help will be greatly appreciated!
  13. Josh Arnold

Josh Arnold Sound Artist

• Dev Member
    Different Font?

idk what it is, but something about the font this forum uses is distracting and hard to read. anyone else agree? maybe its just me, but i would like to see it changed :/
  14. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    The styling still needs some tweaking - the font doesn't work in all places (it has been removed in posts, for example) but I put it up due in part for consistency between this and the main site and in-game UI but also because it has a futuristic feel to it. Though if it does end up causing too many issues it will be removed - for now I want to give it a trial run, because it definitely does have a better design to it than Verdana - which makes the forums look so old when used in the majority of places.
  15. Josh Arnold

Josh Arnold Sound Artist

• Dev Member
    i think the problem is that there isnt enough spacing between words, it makes all the words run together and gets me lost when reading titles sometimes. spacing between letters could be also a tad bit larger in my opinon
  16. Turner

Turner Brometheus [26/50]

Like what he said above, although the font would probably still be hard to read. But spacing in it would help. Also maybe change it on the main forum page, like the recent topics. http://gyazo.com/f0dbc23acb31676fa18a00fcf6064d1b Still hard to read :'(
  17. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    Yeah, those are definitely the main issues, I'll probably have to figure a way to edit the font files to fix that issue. Though there are plenty of tutorials online, there may even be a variant of the font I'm using already in existence that does just that.
  18. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    I have increased letter and word spacing by 1 pixel with the font. I think it is much more readable now, what are your thoughts?
  19. Asimov

Asimov Festina lente. [#32]

Much better.
  20. Danijel

Danijel Overclocked

Honestly, I like the overall design and stuff you did with these forums!
    This might be just me, but I find it a lot easier to read with black letters with white background.
    I'm probably annoying, and feel free to say no but are you considering about changing it?
    Maybe I just need to get used to it. :/