1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Character female/male

Discussion in 'Model Contributions' started by Gilzokha, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Gilzokha

Gilzokha Texture & 3D Artist

• Dev Member
    Yesterday evening after making 2 weapons i mess around with character model, and this comes out!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this is the final result of coloring this morning!
    ... the Weapons fits very well to the character

The next part is to separate the skin and the modelcore

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/i4w3bpa9m91k98d/SOA_character.qmo
  2. Sir_Moodz

Sir_Moodz Lord of Andromeda

• Contributor
    RE: Character female/male comes soon (WIP)

nice, maybe Ben will hire you as modeler... :D
    I like all the models you have made so far.
  3. Gilzokha

• Dev Member

Thanks! :)

Modeler, ...that would be great, because there are many more to make in the future!
    I think sepastian need realy help later!

The size of the model is 124 Pixel in high!
    The Player in game is 4 Blocks tall, and with a 32x32 Texture pack it fits perfectly in the world! :)

Here an example edited in Photoshop:

[​IMG]

...but this model is not finished yet, because i have to edit the inside (skelet and all other red for a good damage optic!)

It would be great, to make grass and flower models, because i doesn't like the optic of rotatet pictures in game, but that be located in bens hands! :)
  4. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader

Jesus this is awesome! As for the idea of having flora models, I am not sure. The one thing I am worried about is the complexity of the flora. Right now each one is only 6 triangles, and dense grassland can kill FPS. If we made voxel models for flora, any dense grassland would destroy the FPS. Personally I think the flora looks ok now but who knows maybe that will change. As for you being a modeler for the team, I am all for that!

So anyways, would you like to join the SoA team Gilzo?

I can't offer you money right now since we are currently zero budget, but that will change if we start to make a profit.

I would like to stress that you should not work yourself to the bone right now, since we don't have an animation system, and all of these models will need to be converted to a format for our skeletal animation. Im sure that will not be too difficult, but I just want to give you the heads up! Either way these models are pure gold and I would be a fool not to invite you to join.

Your job will not be limited to models, you can help however you like! You will not be require to put any number of hours into the game. You can work however long you like, and you can take a break from development for as long as you like. In the current stage the majority of the work is being done on the systems of the game, but there will definitely be more work for you in the future! I am thinking in 3-4 months (estimate) I will start working on animations and model loading and such, and then you can work with the game directly!

So what do you say?
  5. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader

oh BTW hold off on modifying the inside. I think I will need to make a special editor that allows you to do that, so we can specify certain voxels as vital organs, muscles, ect. Also what is your current method for modifying interior voxels? I was thinking of making an editor that allows you to view the entire model transparently and place voxels on the inside, and also make only certain voxels invisible.

I was thinking we could take these models and pass them into the interior editor program. It will do a few things.
    1. Mark all exterior voxels as skin.
    2. Mark all interior voxels as muscle.

Then it will be up to the designer to designate the rest of the voxels correctly, such as bone, brain, ect. Any thoughts?
  6. 10d22

10d22 Designer

• Dev Member

Sounds good !
  7. Charles2531

Charles2531 Organic Supercomputer

Brain damage... I can't think of a way to make that completely realistic, so I assume brain damage means certain death? Sure, damage to the cerebral cortex is rarely fatal (i.e. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage), but I can't think of a good way to make realistic brain damage. Damage to the occipital lobe and you'll lose your ability to see, to the temporal lobe and you'll lose your ability to hear and understand language, damage to the frontal lobe will impair decision making and abstract thought, and damage to the parietal lobe will likely cause paralysis. I can't think of any ways to make realistic temporary disadvantages unless the player has access to some type of brain backup and regeneration system or some brain implants that could take over lost functionality.

Any thoughts about this? Should brain damage lead to sudden death or some type of other impairment?
  8. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    I would suggest having the brain, and other parts, have a simple health status that degrades based on damage dealt to it, with penalties to the player being determined based on the health status of the individual parts. That is simplistic, but allows for at least some graduation to the penalties - however this should involve different health magnitudes based on each part, thus allowing for more immediate death if shot in the head versus the arm (assuming bleed-out due to limb damage would be possible).
  9. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Agreed. Brain bleeding should be fatal without medical attention, so you should always wear your helmet :p
  10. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    Haha indeed! I wouldn't dare risk my precious brain, I need it to avoid my maths!
  11. Gilzokha

• Dev Member
    My answer to your question yes I want to join the team!

This game has real potential! I would be delighted targeted to help you as best I can. If you want I can work on a 32x texture pack.

I make all these modells in Qubicle constructor! My plan is to work in various stages!
    1. I separate the skin from the core
    2. I make a copy of the core and sculpt a skeletal from that
    3. Inside the skelet there is space for designing the organs
    4. The result are 4 Models skin, muscle and blood, bones, and the most important thing, the organs...that sounds like a lot of work :p

The interior editor program sounds very interesting! I would love to try it out!
    In one to two weeks when I have the full version of Qubicle constructor then i can export each object in different fileformats!
    [hr]
    I think about a voxel system that was used in "3drealms shadow warrior"!
    Not volumetric 3dimensional cubes.
    Only a 2d square or a dot with an specific color information in a 3d Position
    These squares always rotates to your face and never changes the size or direction.

[​IMG]

Then the engine must not calculate 3-dimensional cubes.

I think about the same on billboards.
    The top of tree billboards should always face your direction, when your sight is straight down it doesn't look like a hole.
    What do you think about that?
  12. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Ok great I'll add you! You have got serious talent and will be valuable to the team! I will send you a PM with a few details.

I'm not sure quite what you meant by not calculating 3-dimensional cubes. Do you mean we take a voxel model and draw it as a 2d image always rotated towards the player? If that's true then why not just use texture billboards? Also I am not sure how good rotating flora would look.
  13. 10d22

10d22 Designer

• Dev Member
    Welcome aboard Gilzokha! We need to talk at some point, Also Ben Ive seen some new mmos(TESO) using rotating fiora textures lately so it might not be that bad
  14. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    They are using billboards though right? Not voxel models. I just think I'm am confused about what his proposal is.
  15. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

What he meant is make a texture like if it was 3d but it's actually a billboard.
    You see it as 3d but it will always face towards you.

I don't think that it's better than the current models.
    Maybe add some normal mapping to the plants and leaves instead? that would be cool.
  16. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Normal mapped leaves might look pretty darn cool. I will be adding the option to include normal maps for blocks so we will see how that turns out.
  17. Gilzokha

• Dev Member
    Thanks Ben, i do my best!
    ... i have sent you a pm, did you get it?
    Here is a link to some work of mine:
    http://gilzokha.imgur.com/

I hope i can explain it with this picture what i mean!

[​IMG]
  18. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Ah I understand! Yes that would be less intensive than drawing the 3d voxels. It essentially makes each voxel a 2d billboard particle. This will still be more intensive than our current method, but it might work well. The only thing is, with our current method it is easy to make texture packs since the flora textures are part of the block texture atlas. I might experiment with this in the future but for now I am going to stick with what we have so I can work on other things.

Also that is great art! You seem to be a very good all around artist! Maybe you could do some concept art too :)
  19. scarere

scarere <Battle Scarred Jesus>

I like the models alot, they are great. Although I the for the female model, her chest seems too thin. Maybe make it bigger(I'm not talking about her boobs, I mean make it bigger the other way, in relation to her hips)
  20. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Personally I like the female model the way it is now. We should implement a slider for cup size haha