1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved Character Spacing Option

Discussion in 'Website & Forums' started by Arctic, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    I want the ability to edit the spacing between individual characters using the text editor. Currently, the character spacing is set so that the SoA default font will be readable, but it is far too high for any other fonts. Additionally, there is no option to revert to the default font, forcing one to re-format the entire post.

Using any font options results in a horrendously ugly mess, and it's barely readable.
    Please fix it.
  2. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    I moved this to the Bug Reporting section, as the Feature Suggestions forum is more for the game than the website, and even then, this is really a bug in the design rather than anything else.

Unfortunately I cannot expose the word-spacing and letter-spacing settings myself, but what I can do, is see where the HTML for the other fonts is injected (in the form of adding a class or just straight up in-HTML CSS styling), and I can then modify the template at that point to remove the spacing in those cases.
  3. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    Humorously, I was messing with the fonts to see what you meant, and I forgot to clear the formatting before posting! Ah well.
  4. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    and Fixed! Was a rather fun bug to fix tbh!