1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crash on world load

Discussion in 'Seed of Andromeda' started by holyluigi, Apr 12, 2014.

1. holyluigi

holyluigi Crash Landed

Still have the crash on world load :/ Issues with reolutions are solved thanks^^, but I still can't load a planet :(
    It can't be my system because it was able to run older versions of SoA.
    Hope you guys will be able to fix this in the next update.
  2. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

You can run all older versions of SOA, inc 1.5?
    That is weird, could you please post all your specifications?
    Ben wants to make the game playable for as many people as possible, and will likelly do everything to try to make it work for anyone who have your hardware.
    The latest version of the game is having some issues with CPUs with less than 4 threads (2 cores hiper or 4 cores), and that's planned to be fixed as comented on the release video.
  3. holyluigi

holyluigi Crash Landed

I have an i3 mobile Maybe thats the Problem. I can wait for the fix^^ im just happy that you include Your Community to Development. Grammar issues thx to my phone^^
  4. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    What generation of i3 is it? I would suspect you would be fine with such a CPU if it is modern enough that it supports a version of OpenGL newer than 3.0 - and most, if not all, i3 processors do just that. Do you get any error messages on crashing? That would be more helpful, and if not, try running task manager besides the game so you can work out how much of your computer's resources are in use just before the crash.
  5. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

As Matt said, an i3 should have enough cores to run the game fine, and if you can run 0.1.5 and previous it might be something else.
    Try the typical redownloading, running as administrator, extracting the game zip on a folder on the desktop and disabling your anti virus to see if any of those are the issue.
    If any of these steps fix it or not, please let us know, that will help a lot.
    tetryds, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited by tetryds; at Apr 20, 2014
  6. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Yes this is quite puzzling. I am afraid I don't have many good ideas for why this might be crashing. But if your opengl version is 3.1 it might have something to do with that. It is possible that some extensions that provide opengl 3.3 functionality are not supported by your hardware. I can do checks to find out if this is the issue.
  7. Sugnoid

Sugnoid Crash Landed

I also have crashes when loading worlds. I looked at the console and get this when I select a planet http://i.imgur.com/H4VVLGt.png then after I load a planet the console says this http://i.imgur.com/4O9KagN.png and crashes. Maybe I installed it wrong or something? I have an intel i5 2450M CPU, 8GB of RAM, on 64 bit Windows.
  8. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    You did not install it wrong, there are quite a few crash bugs in 0.1.6 that have been fixed in 0.2.0. When the next build comes out, give it a try and if it still crashes let us know and we will work with you to fix it!