1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crash Upon Spawning in the world

Discussion in 'Seed of Andromeda' started by Gingy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

I have a friend who I directed to this "game" because he had a great interest in this "game"(I think it's more accurate to call it an engine at this point). Anyway, I'm posting this for them because they don't have internet at the moment and therefore can not easily access this forum. Anyway, they showed me that the game would crash upon trying to spawn on any of the worlds. Here is all the information they provided that may be relevant to the issue

Computer: Gateway NE series(doesn't know exact model)
    Specs: 4gb RAM 2.2ghz processor 64-bit(I know that's not much but I don't have the computer in front of me to relay all the information. If there's anything specific needed, I will ask for that later and post it here.)

Upon the even that causes their game to crash, the command prompt window that runs with the game says that the tree models were not found. I know this isn't an issue of a corrupted version because I troubleshot that by running an exact copy of my own(which works on my computer with no stability issues whatsoever) through his computer and ran into the same problem.
  2. Sir_Moodz

Sir_Moodz Lord of Andromeda

• Contributor
    Is this <image> the tree model error you get? If it is, that is not your problem.

The only crash upon loading I know is one caused by certain AMD graphics cards, and there is no fix yet
  3. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

It's not my problem, my computer runs the game just fine with the only real issue being a frame rate that's just a tad bit lower than I would like. I'm fully aware this isn't my problem and am posting this since the person with the issue does not have internet at this time.(I'm pretty sure I already said that though). Plus, there's always the possibility that this is an issue the devs have not yet been made aware of that is common. That's why I didn't want to leave the aforementioned friend in the dark while they wait for the next update. I'll have to check with them about the graphics card, but the issue you mentioned could be the problem.
  4. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

Several issues that made the game unplayable before will be fixed for 1.6
    It will come soon, so if its the game, on this next update its likely that your friend will be abble to play the game.

Also, If you know how to do it, verify if the videocard supports OpenGL 3.0 or higher.
    If you don't know how to do that, post the videocard model here.

Some generic things you can try to do in order to get the game working are:
    -Update/reinstall graphics card driver.
    -Run vcredist_x86 executable.
    -Run the game as administrator.
  5. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

As it turned out, this image is exactly what had happened. And the graphics card is an AMD one so that is very possible.
  6. Sir_Moodz

Sir_Moodz Lord of Andromeda

• Contributor
    I think your problem is now fixed in version 0.1.6, because I had the same problem on my desktop and now it works, I was unable to play it on my desktop since the 2end release but I guess he finally fixed it :)