1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crashing while loading [Laptops]

Discussion in 'Seed of Andromeda' started by Nicholas, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Crash Landed

Name: Crashes or freezes while loading or making world (after camera zooms in world)

Description: I tried on two different laptops (i5 HP and i3 Dell, more information available upon request) and game kept freezing or sometimes crashing/stopping responding when creating or loading world, I can't get console crash logs because it won't let me open it after crash, it does not respond. I can provide additional info upon request as stated above, just ask me.
    Nicholas, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by Nicholas; at Oct 25, 2014
  2. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    Could you tell us the specifications and OS's of the two laptops? Just to make it easier for us to give you feedback!
  3. Nicholas

Nicholas Crash Landed

Well both are Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit, around 2.40 ghz processor (i5 and i3) with 4 GB of ram, main one is HP ProBook 4530s, SP1, its video adapter just burned down like 2 months ago (guess that's what happens when you play too much games on laptop) I am left with integrated Intel HD 3000, and other one is Dell Inspiron N5110, pretty much same, it has NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M video card. Ask me if you need more info, perhaps D:laugh:iag .txt file?
  4. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    Sorry for not getting back sooner, have been busy getting ready for exams. It doesn't seem like you would have any obvious issues with the hardware you are using, though we have had quite a few crash reports upon voxels loading in, so it could be an issue with 0.1.6 as a whole. If this is indeed the case, the only thing I can suggest is waiting till 0.2.0 (which is going to be an awesome update, by the way) which will definitely be much more stable as a whole.
  5. Nicholas

Nicholas Crash Landed

Well, is there approximate date when it will come out? I really want to get involved in this game, I really like what I heard, also I came here from watching Ben's tutorials, which are pretty interesting. also, do you have any suggestions to get it working? I tried installing both 64 and 84 versions of vc.
  6. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    0.2.0 is still in development, but it is on its way, and will be available soon!