1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom planets pack v1.0

Discussion in 'Asset Packs' started by ColdFuseon, Feb 27, 2014.

1. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    Hello everyone. My first time posting on the forum

So i follow the development of this game since there were flat worlds, but I really like the update you guys are doing.

And i saw some dudes making awesome stuff like ingots, planets so i decided to make some, feel free to download them and use them.
    I'll maybe update this one day, and make them better.

So this mod adds 5 new planets, Aquarius, Darwin, Fyto, Kolasi and Mikro.

Aquarius is a planet with big oceans, and tons of lakes.

Darwin is a extraterrestrial planet. (For now, i don't know how to make "Alien plants", or animals.)

Fyto is a terraformed planet with plants from Earth. I mean, Aldrin.

Kolasi is a volcanic and chaotic world.

Mikro is a desolated dwarf planet without atmosphere.
    (I don't know yet how to make water evaporate because of no pressure, sorry again.)

Download link :
    https://www.mediafire.com/?1baa7409kr5bsdb

Screenshots:

Aquarius:

[​IMG]
    Darwin jungle:

[​IMG]

A screenshot of the greenish terraformed planet:

[​IMG]

The chaotic and volcanic world:

[​IMG]

Another screenshot of the terraformed planet :

[​IMG]
  2. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    Those worlds look awesome! I will be sure to try them out. :D

Great work ColdFuseon!
  3. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    Thank you! :)
  4. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
  5. Sir_Moodz

Sir_Moodz Lord of Andromeda

• Contributor
    You can remove water by changing all terrain height generation to 1 or more

example:
    #Base Noise
    #Type Persistance frequency, Octaves, Low, High, Scale
    0 0.45 0.0006 6 *change this value to 1+ everywhere* 250 0
  6. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    Ok, thank you for your help i'm actually modifying the pack
  7. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    So awesome! I LOVE seeing the things you guys make! Well done ColdFuseon! I put a screenshot of Kolasi on the indieDB and website (it's my favorite :) ) In the future I will make it so you can specify a different liquid to occur in place of water so you can have lava or acid lakes!

Also don't spend too much time on this, since I am working on the world editor right now. The world format is also going to change drastically, but I am probably going to write a converter so I don't think you need to worry too much. When I convert it some things may change though so you may need to do some tweaking. with the world editor it should be REALLY easy though :)
  8. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

At the exact moment a world editor is out i will try to start a community mission to make the planet earth.
    I believe it will be scaled down, so will there be an option to set sea level gravity and not depend only on its size?
  9. Arctic

• Tester
    Certainly hope so. Potential options are far more important than realism.
  10. Asimov

Asimov Festina lente. [#32]

I can't wait for the world editor!
  11. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    Rather than somehow changing the graviational constant of the universe locally to the planet, which is pretty much what you would be doing if the same density of material but at a much smaller size retained the same gravitational field, how about you can set the make up of the world layers, and if within the block data each block is given a density (or if it was possible to define the density separately in the World Editor) you would thus change the mass. Then what could be done is the World Editor have a tool that would allow you to pick a spot around the world (up to a certain distance) and it would give you information pertaining to gravitational field strength and the distance from the centre of the planet.
  12. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    You can change the density of the planet, which changes its gravity. I may also include the ability to change a gravitational constant, but as soon as we do that we are bending the laws of physics. So changing the density is probably the best bet.

Also, when I release the world editor you will not be able to paint on terrain or shape landmasses. You will only be able to define the functions and biomes that shape the world, the rest is procedurally generated. But I do plan on having the ability to modify the terrain directly in the future do not worry.
  13. Arctic

• Tester
    Project ERFF is go!
  14. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

How do i make a planet work with a new name?
    After changing the name it crashes when i select it.

Fixed it, nevermind.
    Its just that for some reason the biome distribution colours were deleted.