1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dylan - Week 28 - 2015

Discussion in 'Developer Progress Reports' started by Dysche, Jul 10, 2015.

  1. Dysche

    Dysche Intern Programmer

    • Dev Member
    Hello guys! This week I started working on the new UI system!

    - Friday 3 July -
    I started planning the UI system, Matthew helped me with this. We made a doc containing basic functionality of the UI system and style.

    - Saturday 4 July -
    I started redesigning the Style system, and after a few hours I got basic functionality. I added colors and textures!

    - Sunday 5 July -
    From this date it started getting a bit more seriously. I actually started rewriting most of the UI system. From coloring to gradient. I made gradient work after an hour. But it lacked some stuff, like radial gradient. The old system used vertex coloring to make the gradient, but I will switch to shaders very soon. Shaders will allow me to do much more than just vertical / horizontal and corner-to-corner gradient.

    - Monday 6 July -
    A lazy day, didn't really do much, played some Minecraft...
    I added events though. So you can now adjust styles to certain widget events, like. Hovering, clicking and etc.

    - Tuesday 7 July -
    Matthew was helping me adding more functions to the document, functions that allow to make a good UI design. Like: borders, margin, positioning and text utilities. (And some other functions)

    - Wednesday 8 July -
    I was adding some of the most important functions from the document, and made them work in the Vorb Engine.
    Had to re-style most of my code because I didn't know about a style rule, took only about five minutes though. Not much of a problem :D

    - Thursday 9 July -
    There was this bug with fonts, a memory corruption that caused the program to crash, so I wasn't able to test anything font related. But for some reason after I changed the Project's working directory, it got fixed. (Nobody understands why. It's weird.)
    So I spent the day messing around with font related stuff.

    Thanks for reading!, If you have suggestions / questions feel free to mention them in a post.
    Here are some images regarding UI tests:


    Testing fonts

    [​IMG]


    And a GIF showing on-event style changes.

    [​IMG]
    Dysche, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited by Dysche; at Jul 10, 2015
    #1
    Benjamin, Gingy, Xion and 5 others like this.
  2. Thomas988

    Thomas988 Back Into Space

    • Member
    Cool stuff, ADG! :)
    ColdFuseon and Dysche like this.
  3. Dysche

    Dysche Intern Programmer

    • Dev Member
    If you think this is cool, wait until I have multi-gradient and borders implemented :)
    Need to redo the shader part though :p
    ColdFuseon and Thomas988 like this.
  4. ColdFuseon

    ColdFuseon Lost in Space

    • Contributor
  5. Arctic

    Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

    • Tester
    DIGITAL STYLE
  6. Benjamin

    Benjamin Lead Developer

    • Dev Leader
    Thanks for enhancing the UI!
Similar Threads: Dylan Week
Forum Title Date
Developer Progress Reports Dylan - Week 27 - 2015 Jul 3, 2015

Share This Page