1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error MSVCP120.dll is missing

Discussion in 'Seed of Andromeda' started by error_404, Nov 21, 2015.

1. error_404

error_404 Crash Landed

Hi there
    I couldnt find a thread with the same problem.
    So as soon as i start the game i have the following error message: MSVC120.dll is missing on the computer install the program again to repair the problem (thats translated from german :)

My PC specs:
    Win 10 Home
    Intel i-7
    Intel HD 4000 Graphics
    8 Gb ram

Greetings from Switzerland
  2. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    Welcome to the forums! I believe this means you need to install the necessary C++ redistributable packages. You can get them off Microsoft's website here!
  3. error_404

error_404 Crash Landed

Yes thanks that fixed that problem, BUT now when i start it i just see a planet in front of me and i only can look at it (e.g. Zoom in look around etc.).:(
  4. error_404

error_404 Crash Landed

Its ok now. I downloaded version 1.6 and now i can run it (i dug a bit deeper into the forums:D)
    PsychoticLeprechaun likes this.
  5. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    Yup, 0.1.6 is the most feature-rich build we have so far available!
  6. error_404

error_404 Crash Landed

But what can you do except adding blocks to the environement at the moment?
  7. Dysche

Dysche Intern Programmer

• Dev Member
    You can break them too!
    Dysche, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited by Dysche; at Nov 23, 2015
    error_404 and ColdFuseon like this.
  8. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    We had some basic things implemented like explosions. But really most of the work was in the technology (like correct spherical mapping, really cool cellular automata (e.g. the volumetric water)).

Currently we're getting the game to a much higher standard in terms of the code, and will be introducing new features in time. :)

We're also working on design work and storyline behind the scenes.
  9. error_404

error_404 Crash Landed

thnks for the answer(s)...
    ist a bit confusing because on the strat page it says:

"will you join forces with other survivors and try to create a utopian world? A dictatorial empire?

But that does not seem to be implemented yet(?).
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  10. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    The game is at a very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very ..
    early stage.
    ColdFuseon, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited by ColdFuseon; at Nov 23, 2015
  11. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    Apologies for the confusion, the description we give is to give an idea of our vision for the game. We are still very early in the development process, like ColdFuseon says. We have also hit a slower point in development due to work and university commitments, but we're almost half way through the academic year already, so those of us yet to have jobs should be much more free in roughly 6 months time. (I know I will!) Until then we're chugging along making slow but sure progress.
    PsychoticLeprechaun, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited by PsychoticLeprechaun; at Nov 23, 2015
    Dysche and ColdFuseon like this.
  12. error_404

error_404 Crash Landed

ok thanks for the answer...that clears the vision:)
    ColdFuseon likes this.