1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite nerd-out food

Discussion in 'Nerd Out Zone' started by cogs, Apr 6, 2014.

1. cogs

cogs Crash Landed

Whether you're coding, gaming or browsing reddit for 12 hours, there's always some sort of food you eat to keep yourself going. What do you guys usually have when you're in the middle of doing your thing?

Personally, if I have the time/money I'll run down to Chipotle and get some tacos and a soda, however the rest of the time I'll just get some waffles and nutella.
  2. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

Milk and chocolate, that's all the body needs.
  3. 10d22

10d22 Designer

• Dev Member
    So without a kitchen I find myself eating cold mini-meatballs with ketchup quite often, If I want a snack its often chili coated peanuts, and cold milk for drinking, or flavored water.

If I eat out its usually at sunset which is a danish version for subway (its close to where I live) or I get a china box (which is also close)
  4. Whoisthatkidd

Whoisthatkidd Balanced Balancer

Movie Theater Butter pop-up bowl Popcorn, Gets you an extra mile until your parents cook you something during mealtime.
    :)
  5. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    With a kitchen, and the stock mother that comes with said kitchen, I love me some Chinese Pancakes with Plum Sauce, Duck, BBQ Chicken, Cheese, Ham, Bacon, Cucumber, Spring Onion, and a lil' bit more duck. Without that, chocolate, pizza if I can afford to order it. As for drinks, I enjoy real fruit juices, whiskey and when neither are nearby, I just have cordial (basically flavoured water + sugar for the extra oomf) - I do not allow myself to drink fizzy drinks where possible; they hurt my teeth!

All that said, I could also list off a tonne of other foods I love:
    Cheese & Onion Pasties
    Cheese & Ham Toasties
    Cheese, Bacon and Sausage Butties
    Cheese.
    Roast Dinners involving Pork/Chicken/Turkey/Lamb
    Chicken Kievs
    Lamb & Mint Burgers
    the list goes on ;P
  6. Heartless

Heartless Heartless Forum Poster

When i game for almost 20 hours on friday to saturday i chill out with Smash (pic below)
    [​IMG]
    Most of the time i drink two 1.5l Urge bottles.
    It's double the price on that picture now
    [​IMG]
    I also drink a Mønster or two if i get tierd during the session.
  7. Kol

Kol Plays like a sandwich!

Pfft, you people buying take out and having other people cook :p

I usually make a big pot of soup for the week, and have it along some fresh bread w/ cheese. As for any drinks, I pour a pint of cider or wine or whatever I've made recently (peach season coming soon, mmmm peach cider...)
  8. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    KEBAB!
    DONER KEBAB
    WITH EXTRA SAUCE
    I think it's Turkish or something but all the takeaways sell them so pppthhhhh.
    joppiesaus likes this.
  9. Lazarus

Lazarus Reinvented The Wheel

When I nerd out, I eat raisins, because raisins. Don't question it mate or I'll put your nan in a trolley.
  10. tetryds

STOP RIGHT THERE!
    "WHEN I nerd out"??
    Real nerds are permanently nerded out.
  11. Lazarus

I'm not a real nerd. I'm a nard. A hipster nerd. Deal with it. You're already too far gone mate. Me typing this will probably give you nerd rage and a raging erection. c;
  12. tetryds

I can't deal with it, I must hunt you down to avoid such anomaly from spreading.
  13. Lazarus

To avoid it from spreading. If you've ever visited anywhere in mainly north England, you'll know it's too late.
  14. tetryds

Oh, that's gonna be bad.
    Very bad.