1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zeroinnocent, Sep 18, 2015.

1. zeroinnocent

zeroinnocent Tester

• Tester
    I'm eating lunch rigth now and and was wondering what will the modern soa human be eating? Vitamin pills and energy past or will they still be eating a juicy beef. Or mabe they are all vegitarian. What to you guys think they eat.
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  2. Snipecoolbunny

Snipecoolbunny Back Into Space

Bacon. it is the food that makes all other food not worth eating.
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  3. Danarkivus-2

Danarkivus-2 Back Into Space

all hail bacon.
    ColdFuseon and Snipecoolbunny like this.
  4. Snipecoolbunny

precisely! yo guys, i heard you like bacon. so i put bacon on your bacon so you can eat your bacon with your bacon!
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  5. Thomas988

Thomas988 Back Into Space

^ I had a serious answer to this thread, but this just made any of my points invalid.
    Snipecoolbunny likes this.
  6. Snipecoolbunny

good thing or bad thing?
    Thomas988 likes this.
  7. Chaser04

Chaser04 Reinvented The Wheel

Bacon is our overlord! We must obey the Bacon!
  8. Thomas988

Thomas988 Back Into Space

Very good! BACONNNNNNNNNN ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
  9. Danarkivus-2

except when it conflicts ben we must follow ben.
  10. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

I could see Andromedians eating something similar to an MRE, but with much higher quality food.
  11. Danarkivus-2

and hopefully test better.
  12. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    In the future, we eat replicator-made sirloin steaks, boiled yams, black tea, coreless apples, strange unidentifiable sweets that tastes vaguely of corn and ice cream, and cheese and onion crisps.

These are the only foods the replicator can produce.
  13. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

Honestly, MREs taste slightly better than a cheap pre-made meal from your local market. Although, I only had one, so I don't know if they're usually better or worse.
  14. Danarkivus-2

well when i was in cadets a lot of older cadets said they test bad be then again they are in cadets.
  15. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

Maybe the cadet MREs are lower quality than the Marines? Like I said, I've only had the one. The only reason I know what it tastes like is because a kid in my class was part of a program that was the closest thing to actually enlisting you could do before legal age brought a few in for people to try.
  16. 10d22

10d22 Designer

• Dev Member
    Well the people onboard the Andromeda, would likely eat astronaut food so something similar to energy paste and vitamin pills(would probably just be a single item tho), but the people on Aldrin would probably enjoy a tasty alien steak or whatever they can find.
  17. Sevio

Sevio Back Into Space

It'd be pretty cool if you could walk into town after a hard day's work of mining in the mountains and sit down at a restaurant and order whatever specialties they have going on Aldrin! Not sure if there could be a gameplay benefit to doing that, but it does help immersion if you have the option. :)
  18. zeroinnocent

zeroinnocent Tester

• Tester
    MRE s can be preatty monotone food chose when i was in the navy you where sick of it just after one week.
  19. Snipecoolbunny

never tried MRE's. i used to get the little preservative gum stuff and give it out to my friends. that laxative is very op to the toilet. ;)
  20. Danarkivus-2

and if you are the cook you could poison the food.