1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I will be joining ArenaNet.

Discussion in 'News and Development' started by Benjamin, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Hello friends,

As you all know, I am poor as crap and until today was unemployed, so recently I have been applying to several companies in order to find a job that will make me happy, and allow me to continue working on SoA with a full belly. One of those companies was ArenaNet, makers of Guild Wars 2. Today, about an hour ago, I accepted an offer to be a gameplay programmer, and will be starting as soon as possible. Know that while I will now have less time to work on SoA, I will still continue to make it the game of my dreams. And hopefully the valuable skills I will learn while helping to make the incredible and beautiful MMO Guild Wars 2, will allow me to develop SoA to its fullest potential!

P.S. I probably have enough stuff for a dev progress report, I will make one as soon as I can! Have to figure out moving across America right now...

Sincerely,
    <3 Ben
    purzel69, Eviscerator, Gingy and 11 others like this.
  2. Thomas988

Thomas988 Back Into Space

Congrats on the job! We certainly don't want the man leading all this awesomeness living on the streets. :D Keep working hard, Ben, we'll be here supporting you all the way!

Gimme that dev report now
  3. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

Nice move, Ben :)
    ColdFuseon, FruitGish and Benjamin like this.
  4. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    Good luck Ben and congrats
    Benjamin likes this.
  5. Sevio

Sevio Back Into Space

Congratulations and best of luck at your new job!
    Benjamin and ColdFuseon like this.
  6. Dysche

Dysche Intern Programmer

• Dev Member
    Congratulations Ben!, I hope you'll have a fun time working at ArenaNet :D
    And soon I'll have more time to work on SoA, so I can help more :3
    Benjamin, ColdFuseon and Thomas988 like this.
  7. Chaser04

Chaser04 Reinvented The Wheel

Congrats Ben! Have fun at ArenaNet!
    Benjamin likes this.
  8. Snipecoolbunny

Snipecoolbunny Back Into Space

hope you get a few things from them that you never thought of before. thats the thing about playing other games. you can get all the good ideas and apply them to your own without the bad aspects. and you can do this with other games as well. and maybe if you introduce SOA to them, they would take a good interest to it, maybe help out a bit.
    Snipecoolbunny, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited by Snipecoolbunny; at Sep 16, 2015
    Benjamin and Thomas988 like this.
  9. Gram

Gram Crash Landed

Congratz Ben, I will use my force of will to convince the ArenaNet executives to start a Voxel project, that way your skills can overlap nicely! haha
    Gram, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited by Gram; at Sep 16, 2015
  10. zeroinnocent

zeroinnocent Tester

• Tester
    Congratulation hope you learn a loot of new skills
    Benjamin and Snipecoolbunny like this.
  11. JClavaud

JClavaud Crash Landed

A lot of good work have been made on SOA, thanks Ben and pals. Hope you have good time in your new job.
    Hope SOA will reach its goals, it's a real dream.

See you soon :)
  12. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
  13. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

Delayed or not, I'm glad to hear you won't be starving yourself to maintain the game. I'd offer to help, but I can barely make a blank window using SDL, so my skills with programming leave a lot to be desired.
  14. Danarkivus-2

Danarkivus-2 Back Into Space

good luck ben.
  15. iamthecoolguy11

iamthecoolguy11 Crash Landed

can I help on the project with multiplayer? I have programed my own servers and have set up multiplayer many times.(not asking for money)
    iamthecoolguy11, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited by iamthecoolguy11; at Oct 31, 2015
  16. Kesorvas

Kesorvas Crash Landed

Jealous, but hope everything works for the better
  17. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    We aren't looking to expand the team just right now; we are just about out of the transitional stage from summer break to work and uni. If you send us your details and CV we could still give them consideration, and also should anything change we would be able to get in contact with you more easily.
  18. Potatocat

Potatocat Back Into Space

Sorry for the late post, Congrats Ben! Really happy for you.
  19. iamthecoolguy11

iamthecoolguy11 Crash Landed

well here's my link ton profile
    https://www.linkedin.com/profile/vi...07gxOMoboSSq0anfF0M-hEA&trk=hp-identity-photo
  20. purzel69

purzel69 Crash Landed

Hey Ben,
    I have been going through your awesome youtube videos about learning programming on makinggameswithben for some monts now... I just recently discovered your other youtube channel and i am currently watching all your videos from the beginning... Congrats on that awesome looking game and i am so excited how it will develop over the next months / years (i dont know how long you will be developing it). I just wanted to tell you that you are such a big motivation for me because you showed me that game development is my big dream. I just wanna make games as cool as seed of andromeda and i think i wanna work in a company or indie studio like you. I will soon face the first game challenge in the graphics tutorial series and im so excited how it will turn out.
    I will get a really good gaming pc for christmas and i will definitely play seed of andromeda and test it out on the highest lod and render distance :)
    Keep up your great work,
    Jakob / purzel69