1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's been a year.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FruitGish, May 25, 2017.

1. FruitGish

FruitGish Reinvented The Wheel

Not even a simple "Hey guys, sorry for things taking too long."
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  2. Arpak

Arpak Moderator - Former CM

Hey FruitGish!

Sorry for the long silence, theres been a few posts from members of the team about this so far. For a few reasons, the development of SoA has crawled to a standstill, with no promise of development continuing in the near future. Ben has mentioned using Vorb, the engine, to develop another game with a smaller scope, and then using the technology from that game and using it to continue SoA.

If anything new comes up, the forum will be the first place to know.
  3. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    Just wanted to confirm we're still alive. I've been doing my third year exams, and then had the craziness of the UK general election to deal with, and also just finished celebrating the end of a year of uni. I'm getting back into the flow of doing work other than physics now that that's all over (who knows though, we may have another general election next week...), no promises but I would very much like to do some work that would mean progress for our projects here. That said, I have responsibilities to a project for a competition with a deadline next month - though with it being relatively simple stuff on my end but for coordinating with other teams in the project I should be able to get quite a bit of time free anyway.
    PsychoticLeprechaun, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited by PsychoticLeprechaun; at Jun 14, 2017
  4. Cisla

Cisla Reinvented The Wheel

the more time passes, the more voxel games fall out of trend, and the more the team is losing interest into the game
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  5. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Mercenary

• Contributor
    At this point, the project is dead. So I think there's no hope left anymore unfortunately. But let's just wish there will be another Ben and another dev team somewhere in this world who will make another Seed of Andromeda and this time it will work hahah who knows
  6. joppiesaus

joppiesaus Infamous Space-Octopus

This is not Seed of Andromeda 2, but it's another cool voxel project game thing: https://imgur.com/gallery/v2VVu
    FruitGish and ColdFuseon like this.
  7. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Mercenary

• Contributor
    Oh yeah skywanderers, I saw it in another post. Beautiful, hope this one will succeed atleast.
    FruitGish likes this.
  8. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Mercenary

• Contributor
    Well, looks like Seed of Andromeda is really dead this time. It's been really cool to follow this project with you all guys those last years. Really too bad
    joppiesaus likes this.