1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jesse Leskinen - Web Developer

Discussion in 'Meet the Devs' started by jessenic, Nov 3, 2014.

1. jessenic

jessenic Web Developer

• Dev Member
    I have been meaning to post this thread for half a year now, but here it starts! Hi, my name is Jesse and I'm from Finland and my part in the Seed of Andromeda team is web development. I focus on the backend stuff while Matthew focuses on the frontend stuff. By backend stuff I mean the servers and stuff you may or may not notice.

I am not a professional developer nor have studied programming at schools etc, I have learnt everything by my own with the help of the internet. I started HTML/PHP when I was about 9 years old. I started real coding only recently, back in 2010-2012 when I played a lot of Minecraft I started learning Java and created my own Minecraft launcher (the Digiex launcher or formely Minecraft Version Tool). Then I moved to C# and haven't looked back to that buggy Java at all. Lately I have been experimenting with C++ and I have the basic understanding already. At some point I wish to be able to be more use in the actual SoA development, too.

I'm currently studying last year at a vocational school learning electrical engineering and automation so I don't have as much time as I'd like for SoA, but I'm doing my best!

P.S. I have been asked a lot where my username "jessenic" comes from, well it comes from Titanic :D As a kid a relative made me a wooden ship to play with and called it jessenic so that's where it comes from!
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    jessenic, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited by jessenic; at Nov 3, 2014
    Benjamin likes this.
  2. adtdeveloping

adtdeveloping Reinvented The Wheel

Wow, From PHP to C? Same for me :p, I basicly did the same.

I started with PHP, HTML, etc. I moved to Java because of MC modding. Learned C# and C++ afterwards :3
    jessenic likes this.
  3. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

Good to know you are also into EE.
    For the win.
    Hell yeah.
    jessenic likes this.