1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live Stream Schedule

Discussion in 'News and Development' started by Benjamin, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    I will post my live stream plans here so you guys can keep up to date with it! The schedule is going to change often so check here to see when the next one is :)

Next Live Stream: MAY 23 2015 10:00 AM (UTC - 5:00)
    Planned development: Star system fixes and enhancements for the demo.

Post your requests for content that you would like to see streamed! I can't stream everything, but it doesn't hurt to ask!
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Benjamin, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by Benjamin; at May 18, 2015
    Xion and Con No 1 like this.
  2. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

If you apply a very rough noise to a bomb could you reproduce the ray effect for sharpnell bombs?
    I would like to see that on the stream, if possible.
    We all love da boomz!

Also, are ratius and strenght different parameters? It would be nice to have a bomb that does not break blocks well but can be usefull to drive off mobs, or even kill smaller ones with traps.
    tetryds, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by tetryds; at Apr 18, 2014
    sam_spohn likes this.
  3. JM97

JM97 Crash Landed

Woah, I look forward to the world editor!
  4. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    Well, Multiplayer isn't that big of a feature, sooo why not that? ;) In all seriousness, I just want to see normal maps :p
  5. tetryds

Nah, multiplayer is too small feature, and too boring, don't need it at all.
    Why not add physics? It may be way faster!
  6. sam_spohn

sam_spohn Crash Landed

editing non-fully loaded chunks for extremely big booms. I suggest variables that are attached to chunks that state whether or not the chunk is even there; is empty or not. or maybe you could go the other way and make "crater" a biome and procedurally create the crater from the new height map... or something... THERE HAS TO BE A WAY!!!
  7. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    There is a way! We can load affected chunks from disk, modify them, and put them back, but it is not easy. We cant load them all in at once, at risk of running out of RAM, at least not until we are using RLE compression on all chunks. And we cant just load them in a few at a time because the explosion algorithm usually runs in a single frame. We will need to make the explosion algorith calculate over multiple frames and give it the ability to wait for a chunk to load. For now I will ignore this issue and focus on easier, visible changes like the world editor, fire, new liquids, connected textures, transparency sorting, gas physics, and the biome system.
  8. sam_spohn

sam_spohn Crash Landed

explosive liquids?
    tetryds likes this.
  9. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Duhhh :)
  10. tetryds

Hey, what if the big explosives like nukes actually took time to blow up?
    It's something I would love to see on the stream.
    Make it take a reasonable ammount of time, like 1 to 2 minutes, and use that time to load the chunks needed, maybe.
    And it's not like you will blow up a nuke on your face if you would die instantly! (actually everyone would do that, but lol)
    We can wait for the compression to be implemented though.

Edit: Ben, I recommend that you make the youtube video talking about the streaming today.
    So people can actually plan to be online at that time.
    Several guys lost it because they saw it too late!
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    tetryds, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by tetryds; at Apr 23, 2014
  11. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Well I did mention the livestream in the most recent video, if they watch that one they should be prepared!
  12. joppiesaus

joppiesaus Infamous Space-Octopus

Yes! Awesome! Livestream!
    But where can I watch it?
  13. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
  14. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    I think saturday may 3rd 2:30-6:30 PM EST is the best time for the next stream. Sound good with everyone?
  15. tetryds

Saturdays seem like good days for streaming.
  16. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    A very good day for most I would suspect! No need for worrying about different timezones and college/school.
  17. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Had to change the stream date to SUNDAY May 4 3:30-7:30 EST (GMT -5:00) since something came up for saturday.
  18. tetryds

No problem!
    Sunday is also fine, for pretty much the same reasons.
    The only thing is that people on europe may have to leave before it ends.
  19. Arpak

Arpak Moderator - Former CM

Soon I will start doing a weekly update stream that goes over things like development, community happenings, and other stuff and its most likely going to be on saturdays, I will most likely start on the saturday after this.
  20. tetryds

Great, Arpak.
    I will deffinitelly watch that.
    So we will have yours and Ben's streaming, but ben will do it whenever he can and you will do it weekly.
    Seems fair to me.