1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live Stream Schedule

Discussion in 'News and Development' started by Benjamin, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Sir_Moodz

Sir_Moodz Lord of Andromeda

• Contributor
    you could use ghost loading around the player to increase the distance from the player that physics work.
    This is useful if your gpu sucks and have to put view distance to low
  2. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

That is a very good idea Sir, we should have a minimum physics loading range, yeah.
  3. Agarthan

Agarthan Reinvented The Wheel

So I was thinking for the river impasse, they would only turn on if you had at least one chunk fully rendered with a river in it, invisible source blocks would push out water to simulate the river, everything downstream would ghost load only the water and wire frames of the blocks that are in contact with the water, but nothing else from the chunk. Absent some entity in the river in the rendered chunk heading downstream there would only be a couple chunks past the rendered chunk ghost loaded with sink blocks to draw in the water, as the chunk renders the process iterates itself down the stream. If there is an entity floating in the river from a rendered chunk, then it continues ghost loading the stream until the entity is no longer in the river, catches itself on a bank, or the river reaches a body of water.
  4. Agarthan

Agarthan Reinvented The Wheel

Yeah, that's another key one moodz brought up, like with falling sand/snow/gravel blocks, they will only fall until the farthest loaded chunk, but it should ghost load the calculations to their conclusion.
  5. tetryds

I think that having "river current" to work just like wind, but in a river water through its course would be less resource intensive.
    Then it wouldn't "turn on" it would just apply when there is something that gets affected by it on that chunk given it's on the water and in a river!
    How to do that I have no idea, but it should be possible.
  6. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    How about at long distances, NPCs of a kind merge into Herds?
    The herd would travel as one, simplifying calculations.
    We could also make them simply travel as if terrain was no issue. Maybe we could figure out what constitutes a steep hill, and prevent the herds from moving over them.
    We could track how many were in which growth stage as well, and run calculations to occasionally increase some of their ages, "Birth" new animals, "Kill" old animals, and so on.
    This is of course assuming animals are all interchangeable, which sounds alright.

It doesn't really matter though; Ben will probably come up with a solution.
    Right?
  7. tetryds

That is exactly what was said that would be done, the animals would be points on the mesh (non block view).
  8. Arctic

• Tester
    Ben'll come up with a solution.
    Arctic, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by Arctic; at Jul 6, 2014
  9. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Going to be doing a live stream today, probably within the next hour!
  10. joppiesaus

joppiesaus Infamous Space-Octopus

[​IMG]
    Do you plan another livestream?
  11. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    We have live streams planned for the future, we've just all been very busy. That said, we have a plan for livestreams that should make the wait worth it. Hopefully for now the increased videos and blogs make up for it!
    joppiesaus likes this.
  12. Jeremail

Jeremail Dev Member

• Dev Member
    Certainly so, I myself have been working on some secretsauce for livestream-related things.. Stay tuned!
    joppiesaus and Thomas988 like this.
  13. Thomas988

Thomas988 Back Into Space

I'm very interested in what SoA livestreams will be like. Already the KSP dev streams are fun to hear about. :)
  14. Jeremail

Jeremail Dev Member

• Dev Member
    Let's hope you don't have to wait too long, although I can say I really like working on the stream stuff, so yeah..
    ColdFuseon and Thomas988 like this.
  15. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Just updated this post with the next scheduled livestream on May 23.
    Gingy and ColdFuseon like this.
  16. Arctic

• Tester
    Excellent! Woo!
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  17. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    Awesome !
  18. Thomas988

What channel will Saturday's stream be on? I want to be sure to follow it prior so I'll know exactly when is starts.
  19. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    Thomas988 likes this.
  20. Thomas988

ColdFuseon likes this.