1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matthew - Nov 17 2015

Discussion in 'Developer Progress Reports' started by PsychoticLeprechaun, Nov 17, 2015.

1. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    Hey guys! Another small update for you all, nothing incredible, but something all the same. The camera class is complete in all but the case of the cinematic camera (still got to test it and no doubt fix a few bugs here and there). The FPS camera is in action, with some nice built-in features include pitch limiting and step wobble (ofc to be used at the discretion of the player!). Thought I'd make a gif of it in practice.

[​IMG]
    Might need to let it load to get a smoother appearance, but it is still not great even then (20FPS was the best I could get in .gif form).

Still got to find the right combination of wobble period, magnitude and the tweening function we use (right now it uses easeInOutCirc).

That's it as far as work done goes (been busy with uni and a little-known game called Fallout 4), that said I am hoping to work on UI next as the next project in the engine - we need to get that sorted so we can have some proper utilities for testing and developing!

At least it's something to feast your eyes on. :D
    PsychoticLeprechaun, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited by PsychoticLeprechaun; at Nov 17, 2015
    joppiesaus, Gram, ColdFuseon and 6 others like this.
  2. Xion

Xion Industrial Re-revolutionist

What's up with that fov?

Edit: Is that just a camera tilt, or is it shifting at all?
    Xion, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited by Xion; at Nov 17, 2015
  3. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    The FOV is set at 90 degrees (my standard FOV) - the default is 75 degrees - it must be that the screen resolution is causing that FOV to appear much more odd than normal (it reminds me of the 110 degree FOV I used to run for some games).

The current "wobble" is just the ability to have the camera oscillate in the roll rotation (point thumb into screen, clench fist, rotate fist around thumb: that's roll), thinking of adding bobbing and ultimately it should be possible to allow games using Vorb to have bob/sway for the screen (ofc, in SoA we would give you the choice as we know both can be loved or hated from person to person).
    Thomas988 likes this.
  4. Thomas988

Thomas988 Back Into Space

Any update is a good update! I can't wait to get my hands on the cinematic camera myself someday. :D
    Thomas988, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited by Thomas988; at Nov 18, 2015
  5. zeroinnocent

zeroinnocent Tester

• Tester
    nice cant wait to make videos with it!
  6. Danarkivus-2

Danarkivus-2 Back Into Space

you and me both.
    Thomas988 likes this.
  7. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    Yay! Good to know this game isn't dead quite yet.
  8. Gram

Gram Crash Landed

9. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    Yup, FOV config will be in the game!
    Gram likes this.