1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May I put the Seed of Andromeda demos on Itch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aaronfranke, May 20, 2018.

1. aaronfranke

aaronfranke Crash Landed

May I put the Seed of Andromeda demos on Itch? Basically, it would just be an easy way to download Seed of Andromeda without needing to use a web browser (at least, after you have the Itch app installed).

Itch is kinda like Steam except anyone can publish games for free.

My plan is to publish both the 0.1 planets and 0.2 solar system demos, and have buttons to launch each.

Pros:
    • Easier to download and launch Seed of Andromeda's demos, as they'd be managed by Itch.
    • Potentially more exposure.
    • If I did it, I would be the one managing the page, which can be good since SoA devs don't have to worry about it.
    Cons:
    • If I did it, I would be the one managing the page, which can be a bad thing since SoA devs wouldn't have direct control over it.
    • Also, you'd have to trust me. Of course, I'm asking for permission, if I wanted to do something malicious I wouldn't bother asking.
    aaronfranke, May 20, 2018
    Last edited by aaronfranke; at May 20, 2018
  2. 10d22

10d22 Designer

• Dev Member
    I would say no, first off we arent looking for exposure (since we arent actively developing it) and we would most likely want to manage it by ourselves, I am just 1 member tho.
  3. _zombiehunter

_zombiehunter Artist & Designer

• Dev Member
    Have to agree with Sebastian, we would prefer to have full control over what happens with the game. Also, right now we don't need exposure, we need active programmers, otherwise the game stays in hibernation.