1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metal Progression

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by ThatOneGuy, Jun 27, 2014.

1. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Reinvented The Wheel

As in TFC, I think the player should progress through metal slowly. It makes higher tier metal tools and weapons more valuable, especially when trading with someone who has not yet reached that stage and still cannot afford to work the high tier metal. I also think that metal should be given there actual ore names, when in ore form. Such as hematite would be turned into iron. This would add a dynamic level of smithing and trading, along with a level of accomplishment when you finally got to a high tier metal. What do you guys think?
  2. _zombiehunter

_zombiehunter Artist & Designer

• Dev Member
    We already have actual ore names for every metal ore ...
    And yes, some metals will be easier to gain and some more complicated and only obtainable at higher tech levels. The first metals you can get are copper and tin along with the noble metals (so you climb the technology ladder from stone age level to bronze age level upward to a point where you can even produce Plutonium for nukes and special light metal alloys for spaceships).
  3. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    Nice! Glad to hear that there will, uh, be metal and ore in the game. First time I read the "Plutonium for nukes and special light alloys for spaceships" thing, I read it as "Plutonium for spaceships". :p
  4. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

Why not?
    They can have nuclear reactors just like submarines, and cool using radiators.
  5. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    I know, but I was thinking about the hull being made of plutonium.
  6. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

Erm, there is no reason why you would want to do that, really.
  7. _zombiehunter

_zombiehunter Artist & Designer

• Dev Member
    Sounds healthy :p And heavy ...
  8. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Industrial Re-revolutionist

Wow..progressing through metal? Like from Heavy Metal to Thrash Metal to Speed Metal and then to Epic/Melodic Metal and Death and Black Metal?

Fuck yeah. Sounds like a great soundtrack!