1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michael Abrams - Community Manager

Discussion in 'Meet the Devs' started by Michael-CM, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Michael-CM

Michael-CM Community Manager

• Dev Member
    Yo, I'm Michael. I'm new to this whole SoA shindig, though I've been watching Ben work on it since I met him freshmen year of college. I like to meet new people and explore different aspects of the globe. Playing outside is my forte, though I also enjoy a late night game session of Call of Duty or other first person shooters like that (cliche, right?). Regardless, computer games are not at the forefront of my expertise, however I guess I have a knack for communication skills which seemed to draw Ben's interest in having me join the team!

I am looking to get into entertainment law at some point in life, preferably through music. I have been involved with music for many years now so it has become an innate part of my life. Metal and rap music are the keys to my heart \m/.

On the side, I like to rock climb a whole bunch, lift heavy things and put them back down, play/teach drums, snowboard, jam out to metal music and trying to make some new friends!
    Gingy, Benjamin, Thomas988 and 2 others like this.
  2. Danarkivus-2

Danarkivus-2 Back Into Space

nice to meet you Michael Abrams
  3. Thomas988

Thomas988 Back Into Space

Well to the team, Michael! :D
  4. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    Yup, nice to meet you man
    Thomas988 likes this.
  5. Chaser04

Chaser04 Reinvented The Wheel

Welcome to the team Michael!
  6. zeroinnocent

zeroinnocent Tester

• Tester
    nice to meet you Michael! welcome!
  7. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

I know I'm late to the party, but let me welcome you too! You seem like someone who might do a fairly good job at this, but I've not really seen it in action, so I could be wrong. I'm a bit curious what your preference of sub-genre is for Metal, or if you're one of those people who just like Metal in general.
    Thomas988 likes this.
  8. Michael-CM

• Dev Member
    Thanks for the welcome! I listen to a lot of different sub-genres, though I'm not a huge fan of the excess categorization that that entails - IMO it detracts from the artist(s) uniqueness and attempts to clump everything together in some way or another by adding another branch for it to be filed under. But I like stuff ranging from Chelsea Grin, The Acacia Strain, and Oceano to more of the hardcore genre like Defeater, The Ghost Inside, and Counterparts! It's just a fun music style that makes me happy and gets my blood pumping \m/. What's your preferred flavor of metal???
  9. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    Mine are Zinc, Copper and Iron

Sorry for the stupid joke ..
    Thomas988, Gingy and Michael-CM like this.
  10. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

I can understand that. I try to think of the labels more as a way to know what to expect when looking for new artists. Too many people seem to make the sub-genres a bigger deal than they are.

As for what I prefer, I have a crazy wide range of Metal artists I like. Although, a lot of what I like uses that screaming vocal technique that everyone aparently hates. Right now, I'm on a kick for a progressive and fairly eclectic band called The Contortionist, as well as another band similar elements called The Fine Constant. My all time favorites are Iwrestledabearonce(before Crystal Cameron left), Animals as leaders, and Born of Osiris.

I see what you did there.
    Michael-CM, Thomas988 and ColdFuseon like this.
  11. Michael-CM

• Dev Member
    Nice! Yea I dig The Contortionist - Flourish is probs my favorite song by them. And yes, I love all those bands haha. Although BOO is kinda veering off a little far into progland from where the started for my taste, I still like their yams! I guess it just keeps things interesting for them!
    Gingy and ColdFuseon like this.