1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Tutorials

Discussion in 'Modding Tutorials and Help' started by scarere, Feb 22, 2014.

1. scarere

scarere <Battle Scarred Jesus>

Can someone post something in the modding tutorials section plz. Start of uber basic and work ur way up, I have a limited programming knowledge. Thnks to anyone who does

-Edit, Renamed thread to Modding Tutorials, instead of Moddind Tutorials -Seb
  2. 10d22

10d22 Designer

• Dev Member
    RE: Moddind Tutorials

I plan on doing a "weekly" livestream when the editor is out, where people can come learn the editor with me, and come up with ideas or suggestions for the SOA universe.
  3. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader

im going to hold off on mod tutorials until the world editor is done, since that will include major modding tools. Right now the modding is hard to do and any mods you make will be out of date really fast.
  4. Causeless

Causeless narcissistic, machiavellian and sadistic

Also, (arguably) the most important part of modding, adding new features via scripting, isn't possible yet! When it is, I may make some tutorials.
  5. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    Also a way to add blocks without having to interfere with the blockdata.ini. Messing with .ini files is either a terrible idea or results in superspeed rocket einsteins.
  6. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    There will be a block editor for creating new blocks!
  7. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

By the way, there are already modding tips in the game.
    Ben comments on most settings, and several of them have a README.
    Just read those and you may be abble to make something.