1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Randomly Generated Creatures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Con No 1, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Con No 1

Con No 1 Tester

• Tester
    Are randomly generated creatures a possibility? If not on Aldrin, on other worlds. Also, outside of the Aldrin solar system, will there be randomly generated planets, those planets could have the randomly generated creatures.

*by random, I mean procedurally generated using an algorithm or set of features put together to make a creature.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Con No 1, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by Con No 1; at Mar 28, 2015
  2. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
  3. Thomas988

Thomas988 Back Into Space

I have to agree with plenty of people on the Reddit post. Aldrin should be hand-made with its creatures, but everywhere else procedural. Even if those procedural creatures were only on procedural planets I would be totally happy.
    Thomas988, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by Thomas988; at Mar 28, 2015
  4. Jpr

Jpr Industrial Re-revolutionist

joppiesaus likes this.
  5. Con No 1

Con No 1 Tester

• Tester
    Here is an example of procedually generated creatures done right (from No Mans Sky). With some really good looking creatures.
    [​IMG]
    Con No 1, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by Con No 1; at Mar 28, 2015
    joppiesaus likes this.
  6. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    Hm. Only problem is, lack of variety. From a distance, they look all like multicolored dogs.
  7. Thomas988

Thomas988 Back Into Space

Definitely. Plus the creatures in this game would have to look cube-like just to fit the art style.
  8. Con No 1

Con No 1 Tester

• Tester
    They are one breed of creature and there are many different breeds. These are just a few of the different types of that one breed.
    Con No 1, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by Con No 1; at Mar 29, 2015