1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Read This First ***

Discussion in 'Developer Progress Reports' started by Benjamin, May 12, 2015.

1. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    oh yeah true but whatever, the devs are already gonna take care of that with youtubers I think, heard that somewhere.
    but what we atleast could do is pass the message like i said before
  2. Danarkivus-2

Danarkivus-2 Back Into Space

that what i will do.
    Danarkivus-2, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by Danarkivus-2; at May 13, 2015
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  3. Xion

Xion Industrial Re-revolutionist

When new people come looking for this game, for any reason, and you are one of the only YouTube channels they could find for this game, there's a potential subscriber. All you have to do is keep putting out content. It can just be simple, no talking, 'look what I made' content. It just has to be consistent content.
    Xion, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by Xion; at May 13, 2015
  4. BanjoWarrior

BanjoWarrior Reinvented The Wheel

We can also inform prominent youtube gamers about SoA. For example paulsoaresjr regularly spotlights indie-games. He has a lot of subscribers many of whom are there looking for the game shoutouts he provides. If we tell those youtubers that a) SoA is a huge leap in game tech in regards to world size and freedom and b) the lead dev has gone full time on the game and all additional support would help out I'm sure they'd give some coverage.

Hmm, I'm debating with myself whether it'd be a good thing to get Pewdiepie to do a video on SoA..
    ColdFuseon and Snipecoolbunny like this.
  5. Snipecoolbunny

Snipecoolbunny Back Into Space

true. and if you can get mainstreamers(both utube and twitch) to play SOA and tell them the goal. they would most likely stream it or at least give it a couple shoutouts.
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  6. Snipecoolbunny

Snipecoolbunny Back Into Space

that too! :laugh:
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  7. BanjoWarrior

BanjoWarrior Reinvented The Wheel

So where's that kickstarter?
  8. Xion

I feel like Ben wants to take the the shotgun approach and release everything at once. Meaning, as soon as he feels he has a build that demonstrates his game in the way he wants, then he'll create a kickstarter. There's probably more variables than that, but I'm assuming it's the biggest one.
  9. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    Yeah, I think he said that somewhere before.
  10. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    We will not be starting the Kickstarter until we have a playable demo that shows off not just the technical and artistic talent of our team, but also the design of gameplay we are capable of. We also have a few other internal requirements to be met too. I can say right now, however, that the Kickstarter page is something I just started setting up for us as of today - that is no indication of the timeline, just something that might be interesting to y'all. We're getting there, and your support is keeping us going strong regardless of money income, so thank you as always!
    PsychoticLeprechaun, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by PsychoticLeprechaun; at May 13, 2015
    ColdFuseon, Thomas988 and Xion like this.
  11. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    Thank you guys for what you are all doing.
  12. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

I heavily recommend removing the "Daily" from the section, as it implies some sort of compromise, and you clearly stated this is meant to be casual.
    Snipecoolbunny and ColdFuseon like this.
  13. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    That's probably a good idea, since I won't be working every single day!
    Snipecoolbunny and ColdFuseon like this.
  14. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

It would be interesting if this specific forum section was sorted by OP date.
    Would make updates easier to follow as when they are mixed it's hard to tell which were already read.
    Snipecoolbunny likes this.
  15. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    There are sorting buttons at the top of the thread list. Just hit the "Start date" one.

EDIT: Though it now defaults to that, too.
    PsychoticLeprechaun, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by PsychoticLeprechaun; at May 18, 2015
    Snipecoolbunny and Xion like this.
  16. Xion

Yeah, you beat me to it. Though, I thought it was at the bottom of the list of threads in every forum under 'Forum Display Options'.

Edit: Huh, that's an odd interaction between multiple devices. I had a draft saved on the mobile version and then I posted something when I got home and it added what I had to the beginning of my post from my computer.
    Xion, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by Xion; at May 18, 2015
  17. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    Both happen to be the case! One is just a tad more convenient to get at.
  18. Xion

I see. You can click on the column headers to sort by. Cool.