1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sebastian - June 30 2016 (Gif Heavy)

Discussion in 'Developer Progress Reports' started by 10d22, Jun 30, 2016.

1. 10d22

10d22 Designer

• Dev Member
    Hey guys
    [​IMG]
    I haven't really done one of these before mostly because what I do rarely has anything I can show in pretty pictures (So to make up for that here is some gifs) as the things I do is mostly write design docs, create rough concept models, tweak things and a bit of everything.
    [​IMG]
    So these couple of days where regrowth studios has started up again I've created a concept of a Crossbow that I don't wanna show right now(as I forgot to save the final version -.-)
    [​IMG]
    I also finished up the design doc involving character progression together with @PsychoticLeprechaun its a pretty complex system where the players actions improve the playe ajsdiajso... god ****** a NDA flew in my face
    [​IMG]
    Anyway I also spent a whole day pretty much together with @Benjamin and @PsychoticLeprechaun creating the design doc for the next project that was mentioned in the last blog and I'm really looking forward to working on that as I believe that alot of the work we will do can be transferred over to SoA in one way or another.
    [​IMG]
    Sadly I cant really talk about that document either.... stupid NDA.. well this is why I don't do this kind of post.

BONUS:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    10d22, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited by 10d22; at Jun 30, 2016
  2. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    Can confirm that SoA is now going to be an interpretive dance game.
    NeonSturm, Gingy and Thomas988 like this.
  3. Sevio

Sevio Back Into Space

Nice to see something new going on with the characters!
  4. TYHENDER

TYHENDER Industrial Re-revolutionist

Cool anims,now we can dance while dying of icing freeze!
  5. Cisla

Cisla Reinvented The Wheel

nice animations, well infact they are great, there are a tons of doomed games that saw themselves getting killed by their bad animation, lack of FPS or bad UI
    they are nice but it would be nice if the playermodels and the animations has some artistic expression, a non artistic game is also a way of killing your game and it's sales
  6. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    We haven't had opportunity yet to explore character expression - though I'd say Andreas and Georg have done a great job on having an appealing visual art direction in their texture and model work. That said, we do have some ideas of how to do character expression both well and in a way that will be somewhat unique. Though as it stands we want to put our focus on more immediate goals, as character expression will be needed more so later down the line than now.
  7. Cisla

Cisla Reinvented The Wheel

Yeah, depends of the game you're doing, but art can come in later
  8. NeonSturm

NeonSturm Back Into Space

Let's do a challenge - dance to rhythm. I teach the winner how to make non-functional warp-drives to not get away from the contest-planet ;)
  9. zeroinnocent

zeroinnocent Tester

• Tester
    Nice animations.
  10. JClavaud

JClavaud Crash Landed

Will this caracter be made of voxels ? Destructible voxels ?
    I remember creatures you've shown a long time ago. I can't wait to see creatures made of destructible voxels. Like a giant worm you must atack with missiles.
    JClavaud, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited by JClavaud; at Aug 25, 2016
  11. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    The intention is for character models to be voxel-based and destructible in the end, yes.