1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved Seed of Andromeda Sidebar change ?

Discussion in 'Website & Forums' started by Ian5133, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Ian5133

Ian5133 Crash Landed

The Big Beefy "Introducing Seed of Andromeda" Sidebar

[​IMG]
    See any problems here? I do. Doesn't it seem like a sidebar on the front page should have a brief and concise description of the game? Especially when it's so thin, with only ~5 words per line, it's a bit of a pain to read that whole paragraph. In addition to that, its length pushes out the "latest dev news" article down and out of the way, leaving a big empty gap underneath the featured video.

Forgive me if it seems like I'm complaining about an insignificant issue, but I think it's important to have a concise and short description of the game on the front page, and to keep the long, drawn-out explanation of every aspect of the game for the "about" page.

Perhaps you could even include the first bit of information from the "about" page until it runs out of room, then have a link for the user to read more, directing him/her to the "about" page.

One last nit-picky design thing: Perhaps the title of that section should be renamed to something that fits on one line.

Now doesn't this look better?

[​IMG]
  2. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    RE: Matthew Marshall - Web Designer

Yeah, I'm actually preparing a redesign of the front page (starting by removing the redundant newsletter form). I will be updating a few things on the front page, and I hope the resultant page will be much better than what is currently there! As for what you suggest, I am aware of the issue with the right hand box, which has definitely been exacerbated with the removal of the newsletter box, but bear with me! I work as fast as my little legs will allow me.

I would expand further, but I only started today as I have finally got to a satisfactory point with the forums! I also have to work out a new blog system - as to which order the two things occur, I am fairly convinced that the minor adjustments to the front page will come first, with the blog system following that and the final editions (best ones too IMO) to the main page will follow that.

One thing I would add: site critiques should really go in either General Discussion or Site bug reporting depending on the nature! I'm on my phone right now waiting for an Analytics update so I can't really move the posts - if any mod would like to assist. ;P
  3. 10d22

10d22 Designer

• Dev Member
    Moved posts from Matthew's Meet the devs thread
  4. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    Thanks Seb! I'd give you a cookie but we don't seem to have cookies!