1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SoA Beast Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Potatocat, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Chaser04

Chaser04 Reinvented The Wheel

Well, you are a writer. You could "persuade" them to let you write them in.
  2. 10d22

10d22 Designer

• Dev Member
    That wouldnt be very hard as there are aleardy assets for it :laugh: [​IMG]
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  3. Danarkivus-2

Danarkivus-2 Back Into Space

oh this.. how big is this thing going to be and where would it live?
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  4. MichaelH

MichaelH Writer

• Dev Member
    You know, I'd forgotten about those. Maybe I was subconsciously remembering giant space worms...
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  5. Sotlol1

Sotlol1 Reinvented The Wheel

You guys should add a monster that is extremely rare to encounter as only one of them exists on the planet. It should be extremely dangerous and creepy and there is a chance it will stalk you if angered. Imo i really like this idea as it will raise the creepy-ness level of the game.
    ColdFuseon and Chaser04 like this.
  6. MichaelH

MichaelH Writer

• Dev Member
    I might need to go watch Tremors for Halloween now.
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  7. 10d22

10d22 Designer

• Dev Member
    We could definitely make a rare boss mob, I actually think the Desert Worm is one (we havent really talked about it much) But I dont know if we will go as far as too limit it too one per planet.
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  8. Potatocat

Potatocat Back Into Space

I was thinking some kind of slender beast much like the wendigo but on four legs and a half goat/wolf /alien face.
  9. Agarthan

Agarthan Reinvented The Wheel

I think the better option than the team trying to hand design all the flora/fauna to create a procedural algorithm with some base frames and body parts of various animals to pull from and let it design the animals based on the planets conditions. Watched a couple hours of presentations by the Hello Games (No Man's Sky) lead dev and the had like a 'custom character' system in their dev kit that allowed them to take a couple hundred different animal models and various parts to build whatever the planet demanded.
    Agarthan, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited by Agarthan; at Nov 1, 2015
    Gram likes this.
  10. Asimov

Asimov Festina lente. [#32]

Something like the birds from Avatar in heavily wooded areas and seashores where there are big cliffs....
  11. Potatocat

We need potatocats. Half potato, half cat, these creatures provide meat and starch. They have the unique ability to burrow into the ground and reproduce asexually. When startled, they explode due to trying to burrow into the ground and jump at once, making them extremely difficult to obtain. Every time one explodes, the residue from the potatocat fertilizes any ground it touches. This residue is very tasty with butter. However, if they become angry, they heat up to extreme temperatures, and run at and bounce off of their attackers/offenders. They spend most of their time doing silly things like running around dinner plates or frolicking in butter fields. Potatocats are extremely athletic. They combine the agility of a cat with the patience and discipline of a potato.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Potatocat, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited by Potatocat; at Nov 10, 2015
    Chaser04, Thomas988 and ColdFuseon like this.
  12. MichaelH

MichaelH Writer

• Dev Member
    For that line alone, I think we have our first sidequest.
  13. Potatocat

:laugh: lol'ing so hard
    ---
    (YAS! A dev likes my idea! :D )
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    Potatocat, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited by Potatocat; at Nov 11, 2015
    Thomas988 likes this.