1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SoA into WINE

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Gingy, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

I've been using only linux for the past week or two, and there is now only two things left that I can't do in Linux that I can do on Windows. The first of which is running Skyrim (there's a bug I haven't found a fix for where running it through WINE causes the sound to not work) and running SoA. Technically, there's a third thing, which is running Java Programs, but there's a workaround to the bug involving dabbling in the Terminal. Regardless, the point of this discussion is Seed of Andromeda. More so, how to run it in WINE.

I can't remember for the life of me who said it, but someone said in a livestream awhile back that they were able to manage running SoA in WINE. My experience is that it can install the program that was required to run 0.1.6, but can't run the game itself. The error message was something along the line of a missing .dll file. I was certain it wasn't really missing a .dll file, because the same install worked on my Windows computer with no issue. I'm thinking there's some sort of configuration that probably needs done for WINE to register that the .dll files are there, but I have no idea how to go about that. I'm hoping that posting this in the forums will either lead whoever said that to say how they did it, or cause someone who knows WINE a lot better than me to know how to make it to work based on what I said.
  2. joppiesaus

joppiesaus Infamous Space-Octopus

You need to install the Visual C++ 2013 Redist. Then you can run SoA.
    I have no experience in WINE, so I can't help you with that right now.