1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOA texture pack [256x256]

Discussion in 'Texture Contributions' started by _zombiehunter, Feb 19, 2014.

1. _zombiehunter

_zombiehunter Artist & Designer

• Dev Member
    NOTE:
    I'm posting this here for history purposes so it doesn't get lost in the abysses of Reddit - it was the first SoA texture pack ever created. Ben added the whole pack to the game (see changelog of SoA v0.1.2), there's no need to download and install it anymore. Good to have a proper forum now, it's much easier to find stuff here. Also, many thanks for adding a "Texture Contributions" section to it, it's great to have a place where the community can help improving the game's appearance :rolleyes:

Original Reddit Link: http://www.reddit.com/r/seedofandromeda/comments/1u36le

Played around with the textures and tried to improve some of them. Nothing sensational right now, but maybe someone finds it useful. Download (12MB, Mediafire):
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ernzk11rpoloo6n/SOA%20Texturepack_v0.2.zip

Main features:
    - New skybox in 4x resolution
    - Corrected tiling errors of some textures
    - Improved colors and blocks names
    - Some new textures (bricks, cobble, planks, ores and metals)
    - Changed gravel block data to make it behave like sand

To install it, just extract the zip-file to the SOA program folder and replace all existing files.
  2. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    This is the man you have to thank for the wonderful look of the skybox as of V0.1.2!
  3. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    Thanks again zombie! I am working on a new system for textures. Rather than having to change an atlas, you will change individual pngs for each texture, and they will all be stitched into an atlas at run time.
  4. _zombiehunter

_zombiehunter Artist & Designer

• Dev Member
    Already saw that in the game files, seems to be very similar as Minecraft is doing it now. Good idea to change it to separated texture files. that will make updating texture packs easier, also new SoA builds won't break outdated texture packs when introducing new blocks.
  5. Sir_Moodz

Sir_Moodz Lord of Andromeda

• Contributor
    I suggest you make it possible to place the textures in different folders, because once there are 100's of different blocks, having them all in 1 folder can make it hard to find the textures you need
  6. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    I will do this! I am going to be working on it this week.
  7. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    There needs to be easy texture pack options. That way it can look however we want.
    However we want...