1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Nerd Out Zone' started by Chaser04, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Chaser04

Chaser04 Reinvented The Wheel

So with the release of The Force Awakens, I was wondering what you all thought about it. Was it how you thought it would be? Was it better? Was it worse?

There will be spoilers in this thread, so you have been warned.
  2. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    You have to kill Han or nuke the Death Star
  3. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    han solo dies killed by his son kylo ren
    ColdFuseon, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited by ColdFuseon; at Dec 19, 2015
  4. Chaser04

Chaser04 Reinvented The Wheel

I would nuke the death star. I could never kill my favorite character!
  5. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    Fantastic movie, using elements from pretty much every previous Star Wars movie. Great acting, directing and writing, only shame is the time since the original trilogy means some of my favourite characters in movie history can't be brought to life in the same way - though at least the new main characters seem to be rather awesome! We still have yet to see for Luke, and Leia may get some more screen time in the next episodes, though it seems unlikely the two will be going on any action-heavy escapades.

On the upcoming films: I just hope the chosen directors manage to maintain the awesome J.J. Abrams amd co. have brought back to Star Wars.
  6. Danarkivus-2

Danarkivus-2 Back Into Space

just saw it is a 10 out of 10
  7. Lionitow

Lionitow Reinvented The Wheel

It is the first SW movie I saw, and I knew almost nothing about the series.

Well, it didn't give me any emotion at all. I can't say it was a bad movie, the special effects were flawless and the acing good, but the story was linear and predictable, even for me that I didn't see the prequels.

Also Han Solo's death... didn't surprise me at all. When his son said: "Will you help me?" I thought that he was going to point the sword at himself or to his father, most likely the second, suggesting to kill himself. It went way faster than I expected... a bit banally actually.

To me it looked like an episode of a series, not a solid movie itself, like if the next episode is going to come out in a week.
    Jpr likes this.