1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of Development Blog Post - June 2018

Discussion in 'News and Development' started by _zombiehunter, Jun 3, 2018.

1. _zombiehunter

_zombiehunter Artist & Designer

• Dev Member
    Hello everyone!
    You can find a blog post and video from Ben about the current state of development on SoA here. Essentially, it says that we're currently not actively developing the game and to not expect any SoA-related content for now. This probably isn't too surprising for many of you, we're still sorry that we don't have any better news right now.

This doesn't necessarily mean the project is dead though, we're still trying to figure out the best way to continue. Open sourcing some or all of the legacy code and assets while continuing the actual game in a different engine and new codebase may be an option we could choose. If we got any solid news on this, we'll be sure to let you know, but for now all we can do is to thank you for sticking around for such a long time - delivering such disappointing news to such an amazing community really hurts. I hope all of you remain stranded on Aldrin in your dreams, who knows if they ever become a reality ;):soa:
  2. OfficialCoding

OfficialCoding Crash Landed

Yeah I was afraid This would would happen. This is a great game and its' too bad it had to die ;(
  3. Thomas988

Thomas988 Back Into Space

Shame... best of luck in whatever lies ahead!
    OfficialCoding likes this.
  4. aaronfranke

aaronfranke Crash Landed

If you are looking to transition to a new engine then I would recommend the Godot engine. It's an open source game engine that runs on PC platforms and mobile. It can use multiple scripting languages including C++, C#, and GDScript (Python-like language).

In particular interest to Seed of Andromeda, they are adding double-precision support to the engine. I'm actually contributing to the engine to make it better suited for my uses, including helping out with double-precision support. Double-precision support might be done by the end of the year.