1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of Development Update Blog Post - June 2016

Discussion in 'News and Development' started by PsychoticLeprechaun, Jun 20, 2016.

1. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    Thought I'd update you guys: we spoke about testing and came to the conclusion we will be able to expand the access to early builds to find bugs faster/get super early feedback from a somewhat smaller group. But there will be some hurdle so that people don't see them and think they're intended to be anything similar in state as final releases of milestones.

Somethings may change yet, but that is the situation as of last meeting. One thing I'll add to that for current testers; we will likely keep a section of the testing forum for you guys (and add other people who do a good job contributing to testing in time) for your feedback on bug hunting given you have more familiarity with our process.
    Thomas988 likes this.
  2. BanjoWarrior

BanjoWarrior Reinvented The Wheel

It's almost time for the next update blog. Don't forget!
    BanjoWarrior, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited by BanjoWarrior; at Jun 30, 2016
  3. TYHENDER

TYHENDER Industrial Re-revolutionist

Great way to start forum wars
  4. NeonSturm

NeonSturm Back Into Space

Seeds of Andromeda + Shooter => Seeds of Destruction, Bullets of Andromeda, Bullets + energy weapons => Energy of Destruction.
    *shouting* Energy of Destruction. (a name for the shooter)

Do you guys really want to offset a constructive game with a destructive one? I would have opted for a racing game instead.

I really liked "Vangers - one for the road", a game from Bullfrog released 1995.
    It also has shooting on path-blocking explosive mushrooms, competitors, playing pirate for quick money…
    - but it's primary goal where you have to deliver materials between A and B (and arrive alive) is rather peaceful (edit1: if it weren't for those competitors).

Because an arena has less blocks, can they be smaller? Destruction is only good as long as the arena itself remains an arena rather than a desert of remains - at least until the battle is over.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    NeonSturm, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited by NeonSturm; at Jul 11, 2016
    TYHENDER likes this.
  5. TYHENDER

TYHENDER Industrial Re-revolutionist

I prima
    Primarily,i use SoA as an destructive game.
  6. gNightrow

gNightrow Crash Landed

[how do you actually play the game because this is all what shows on the menue there is no new game button for me

Attached Files:

7. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    The pre-release build of 0.2.0 doesn't have the voxel-scale components functioning, so we disabled creating a new game in that build. If you want to experience the last functional build with voxel, check out version 0.1.6! :)