1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Trading Bot (Not done yet)

Discussion in 'Nerd Out Zone' started by ColdFuseon, Aug 3, 2015.

1. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    Hi, so i've made a shitty steam trading bot. My dream is to make TF2 profits using a Steam Trading bot, without moving a muscle but I guess it'll not be possible or it'll be hard to do, but whatever, coding it is still fun so yeah.
    It's coded in C#, and for those who are interested, I'm using this https://github.com/SteamRE/SteamKit

Source code : http://pastebin.com/GTvYECj2

(By the way, it's french on the console but it'll be supposed to communicate using english with players lol, it's talking french with me because i'm registered as the owner of it)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It also logs what happens

[​IMG]

Like I said in the title, it's not done yet so it accepts every trades it receives (Ill have to wait one week till steam lets me use this account to trade) and it doesn't chat properly with players.

(and yes its avatar is a cyhbong terminator)
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    ColdFuseon, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited by ColdFuseon; at Aug 3, 2015
    joppiesaus likes this.
  2. joppiesaus

joppiesaus Infamous Space-Octopus

nuuuuuuuu the cybhongs will take my precious TF2 items!

Awesome work. You know, I once wanted to trade for a knife, starting with nothing. That didn't turn out too good. Everyone who is trading wants profit, or _what they want_. So you need to find someone who wants your item, which is incredibly hard and everyone is hostile.
    The dyslexia(I misread the quality) and the time it cost ruined it for me. I got as far as a factory new P2000 Amber Fade, which is 0,62€. Then I traded it accidentally for a weapon which was 0,28€, and gave it to my brother who absolutely loved it.

So what happens if I offer it my 4 cent steam item for his 10 dollar steam item? Will it say no, and backwards say yes? That's really neat.

Could you upload your source code so people like me can learn from it?
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  3. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    Thanks man and I'm sorry for your losses hahah

Right now it's still not done yet so it accepts every trades it receives and well I don't really know yet what trades it'll accept and what trades it'll not but i plan to do scrap/hatbanking with it. I need to find a way to know the values of the items in cents or in refineds (tf2 "currency") so that it never make losses when trading

and yup i'm gonna upload the source code but bear in mind that it's not done yet and the command :diffuse (to send a message to all players in the friend list) doesn't work yet along with a lot of other things

Edit; Alright i've posted the source code. You'll have to change and customize some things however you like.
    http://pastebin.com/GTvYECj2
    Oh, and you'll have to wait ~one week I think because when you create a new account Steam doesn't immediatly let the account trade
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    ColdFuseon, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited by ColdFuseon; at Aug 3, 2015
    joppiesaus likes this.
  4. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    You could use Market prices as a "gold standard". It would be a lot easier to do it for CS:GO items, but it would help at least for Vintage or Strange items.
    ColdFuseon likes this.