1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survival Knife (Not a Model; Just Concept Art)

Discussion in 'Model Contributions' started by Arctic, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    Made this. Tell me what you think:

The survival knife can be used to craft the most basic items and as a low-damage, low-reach melee weapon. It is the worse weapon in the game, and the player starts with one. It can be combined with a stick; this prevents it from being used in crafting but extends its reach and damage. It does not have durability and does not wear out. If the spear it is being used in breaks, the knife will be returned.

[​IMG]

The ANDROMEDA CORP. Mk 22 REV 6 (Prod. #652) survival knife is your best friend. Included with the ANDROMEDA CORP. crash survival kit (Prod. #1952), it is sturdy, strong, and with a rubberized handle, it is an invaluable tool in crafting, allowing the user to whittle sticks and cut meat. It is very short, having only a 5-inch blade. It can be used to kill small game, but it is advised that one is not to engage in combat with heavier creatures, as the survival knife cannot injure these animals sufficiently; this is an added safety measure to comply with the ANDROMEDA CORP.'s strict safety regulations, as longer blades could be used to harm or to kill fellow survivors.

NOTE: Alright, whoever's been strapping these things to sticks and prodding the local wildlife had better stop! They're [EXPLETIVE DELETED] off enough as is it without you [EXPLETIVE DELETED]s getting in the way. -Foreman McAllister
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    Arctic, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by Arctic; at Mar 5, 2015
    zeroinnocent and Danarkivus-2 like this.
  2. Danarkivus-2

Danarkivus-2 Back Into Space

3. zeroinnocent

zeroinnocent Tester

• Tester
    nice. like the ribbon on it! but isent the bade really short? normally they are the same length as the shaft or longer.
  4. Arctic

• Tester
    That is the point. It's to preclude its use maiming people in universe, out of universe it's an excuse to make the weapon rubbish and do next to no damage.
    zeroinnocent likes this.
  5. zeroinnocent

zeroinnocent Tester

• Tester
    haha! its a good knife for cutting ropes and small trees!
  6. Arctic

• Tester
    Mhm. Remember: it's a survival knife.
    zeroinnocent likes this.
  7. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

zeroinnocent likes this.
  8. zeroinnocent

zeroinnocent Tester

• Tester
    yea i would use that to.
  9. Shashwah

Shashwah Tester

• Tester
    Excuse my poor graphical skills but is this the sort of style we are looking for with the survival knife?

Knife_01.png Knife_02.png
  10. Arctic

• Tester
    Bigger hilt, smaller blade. But yeah, kinda like that. Also, the hilt ought to be straight rather than round, kinda like this:
    [​IMG]
  11. Arpak

Arpak Moderator - Former CM

An item like this is a must, so expect it to appear in the game.
  12. Arctic

• Tester
    In the style I did, or do you have something else in mind?

Oh, and if anyone wants to use the description I wrote, go right ahead.
    Arctic, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited by Arctic; at Mar 15, 2015
  13. Arpak

Arpak Moderator - Former CM

I couldn't say, because I don't know. It all really depends on how our artists decide to make it, but Im sure this thread will help them with ideas.
  14. Snipecoolbunny

Snipecoolbunny Back Into Space

it should have a fairly long blade and be razor sharp.
    a game mechanic for it should be the ability to assassinate enemies.
    (assassination animations in 3rd person sort-of like HALO would be cool)
    it should look like a small Bowie Knife.
    [​IMG]
    Snipecoolbunny, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by Snipecoolbunny; at Mar 25, 2015
  15. Arctic

• Tester
    The point of the knife is to craft. The point of the knife is, specifically, that it is a completely impractical anti-player weapon, thus forcing the player to either convert it into a longer-ranged, higher-damage spear or to create or find better weaponry. I suppose that it would be possible to add in such an assassination mechanic, but doesn't it seem a little odd for a player in Neoweave HexMat Mk-18A2 White armour to be instantly killed by a naked, exhausted fresh-spawn with the starter weapon?
  16. Snipecoolbunny

Snipecoolbunny Back Into Space

True. There should be exceptions. But you get what I mean.