1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Take A Guess At Which Game Runs On Linux Now ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gingy, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

Straight out of the box, Seed of Andromeda (0.1.6) works in version 1.9.23 of WINE! If you don't know, WINE is a program that basically translates Windows specific code into something Linux can use to work as a sort of compatibility layer for Windows stuff to work on Linux. Anyway, while going through some old files, I found the folder with SoA in my external drive. The game runs flawlessly on my computer. The only problem was when I tried to turn the render distance all the way up, it crashed. But because my PC has a dual core processor (I went cheap and got a Haswell Pentium) I think that's why it has trouble on higher render distances. The only other bug I noticed is that an uncapped framerate showed ridiculously high framerates that can't be accurate. (I doubt a Pentium G 3258 and GTX 950 could bring any game to run at tens of thousands of frames a second)

I would see how the version after 0.1.6 works, but I'm going to be installing a different operating system on my computer soon, so I want to focus on sifting through about half a terabyte of data and backing everything up that still needs backed up before I mess with anything else. Once I can get around to doing that, I'll report how that works.

Also, sorry if this isn't the best category to post this in. I'll delete it and repost it elsewhere if that's a problem.
  2. TYHENDER

TYHENDER Industrial Re-revolutionist

Yeah, it does. If somebody didn't know, now you know.
    I already done that.