1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texture Pack Suggestion: Sphax PureBDCraft

Discussion in 'Mod Requests' started by gutza1, May 19, 2014.

1. gutza1

gutza1 Kerbal Overlord

I've been using the PureBDCraft Texture pack for my modded Minecraft game for a while now. It looks really clean and pretty. I, however, am bad at making textures. I hope someone else who has the skills can bring the textures of PureBDCraft to Seed of Andromeda.
  2. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

3. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    It is very simple to add textures indeed, but it would be certainly nice to see actual packs that users have created themselves. As for using Sphax's textures, you would need his permission to do it and have it on these forums of course, but I for one would enjoy the style of texture pack Sphax creates, I eventually got to a point where, when playing the Tekkit mod pack, I could not do so without using the PureBDCraft TP.
  4. tetryds

You can pick any minecraft texture pack and apply it on SOA without permission as long as you don't distribute it though.
  5. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    You could get away with it, as there is no way to check, though it is on a pack-by-pack basis as to if you should, as certain texture packs could have different licenses associated with them (after all, texture packs are, for the most part, pieces of unique artwork) which may not allow it. I doubt any texture packs do employ such licenses though, considering the fact that they are freely available for distribution and there would be no effect on the author if you are not distributing it.
  6. tetryds

Yeah, you wouldn't need to "get away with it" because you would not be doing anything wrong.
  7. gutza1

gutza1 Kerbal Overlord

Okay, I'll see what I can do. However, the main obstacle is texturing the blocks in SOA that are unique to the game (and not to ,say, Minecraft or its mods).
  8. tetryds

You don't need to.
    When you make a texture pack, the game automaticaly fits its reslution and loads missing blocks from the default texture pack.
    That's SOA, bro!
  9. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

With a little bit of copying and pasting done in Photoshop(or GIMP, which is quite a bit better IMO) you can easily impliment your own or someone else's pack into SOA.
  10. tetryds

Not even that hard, just copy SOA texture pack, paste it to create a new folder, then replace the desired textured by mc ones directly!
  11. gutza1

gutza1 Kerbal Overlord

That's actually what I'm trying now, however the new textures are not being used and the old textures are still displaying. Do I have to modify those two Images in the texture pack foler that consist of the block textures stuck together?
    gutza1, May 27, 2014
    Last edited by gutza1; at May 27, 2014
  12. tetryds

You are probably forgetting to change the texture pack you are using.
    Also, make sure they are .png
    And replace the image for the image you wish.
    Two image that consist of the block textures stuck together?
    What is that?
    Just go "Textures\TexturePacks\SoA_Alternate (or Default)\Blocks" and replace the images in there for the ones you wish.