1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Great SOA Community Minecraft modpack (GO TO NEW THREAD)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Whoisthatkidd, May 2, 2015.

1. Whoisthatkidd

Whoisthatkidd Balanced Balancer

My hopes for this is that the coders in this community can code some of the mods together (adding armor weight to apply to Smart Moving for example.) and whoever provides the best mod package update becomes the next global build, hopefully, as a community this pack can be coded together. So coders, be free!

HOW TO INSTALL CLIENT:

Get the Technic launcher (because the FTB custom modpack API sucks)

http://www.technicpack.net/download

when you run it go to the modpacks tab

there should be a "add pack or search" box in the upper left corner.

Copy and paste this link into the box

http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/soa-community-pack

Hit "install pack"

the launcher should proceed to download the pack.

DONT FORGET: Go into the launcher options and change the minecraft java settings to 64 bit and allocate 2 or more gb of ram or else the pack will run out of memory!

The mod is also ready for MP too (tested) if you want to join the beta server, you need hamachi and you should talk to me (jeremail can go ahead and install the pack on his server...pretty please...)
    Cheers!​
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Server installation:

Server version is standalone just extract the contents to a unzipped folder and configure as necessary.

Server package Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gop6an8j3rv7i4r/soa modpack server.zip?dl=1
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SCREENSHOTS:
    Shotguns blows zombies apart (you are going to need it because Zombie Awareness is installed!)
    [​IMG]

One of the many new Dungeons
    [​IMG]

Oh....baby what is this?
    [​IMG]

Yes that is the mighty...
    [​IMG]
    ^Dont forget to build airbases for aircraft! your friends can help you out in clearing ships with these!

Falling animation (smart moving)
    [​IMG] \

Oh and yes, we have Computercraft
    [​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do note that this is actually a modified version of the FTB infinity pack.*
    *all credit goes to the FTB team, mojang, and all the mod developers who made the base mods*[/spoiler]
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    Whoisthatkidd, May 2, 2015
    Last edited by Whoisthatkidd; at Nov 8, 2015
    ZephaniahNoah and joppiesaus like this.
  2. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    So, what's in it?
  3. Whoisthatkidd

Due to the character limit I cant post the whole list here. But ill link you to the default FTB infinity modlist (the one this is based off of) here: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Infinity_1.7

I just removed all the mods that gave flight (barring thuamcraft..the flying is gonna need to be disabled and a Earth Armor nerf when possible). But to vastly improve the game, I added Smart Moving.

Im looking for a coder around here who can armor affect your smart moving abilities. (would enhance gameplay even farther).
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
    Whoisthatkidd, May 2, 2015
    Last edited by Whoisthatkidd; at May 2, 2015
  4. Arctic

• Tester
    What about the Flan's Mod planes, though?
  5. Whoisthatkidd

Those are used to get between bases quickly, they require fuel and can be easily shot down by AA batteries and SAM sites, they also do not allow free flying BTW those are not flans mod planes those are from a mod called MC helicopter.
    I highly recommend you give the pack a spin! (Jeremail fucked up the main server so your going to have to join my test server.)
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Whoisthatkidd, May 17, 2015
    Last edited by Whoisthatkidd; at May 18, 2015
  6. Arctic

• Tester
    Wahey.