1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE GREAT SOA COMMUNITY PACK V.2.2 RELEASE

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Whoisthatkidd, Nov 8, 2015.

?

Where does the pack have room for improvement?

1. Too many mods

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Performance

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Too few mods

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Balance tweaking

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No opinion

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. Stablility

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  7. Other (Respond with a thread reply).

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Whoisthatkidd

Whoisthatkidd Balanced Balancer

V.2.2: Roscosmos
    OVERVIEW

After Six months in development, ITS FINALLY HERE! The 2.0 iteration of the Seed of Andromeda Community Modpack. Destined to be the ultimate hangout pack while we wait for Seed of Andromeda to be updated, this pack has been overhauled to be a more immersive and fun experience! Check below for details.

STEP 1: Download the Technic Launcher: http://www.technicpack.net/download

STEP 2 :
    When you start it, a login should come up. Log in using your Minecraft account credentials (username and password.)
    [​IMG]

STEP 3
    After logging in go to the Modpacks tab (the new theme from the release of Tekkit Legends makes it a little hard to spot.)
    [​IMG]
    STEP 4: To actually get the modpack copy and paste this link without the parenthesis (http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/soa-community-pack) into the "Add Pack or Search" box.
    [​IMG]

If done correctly this should come up:

[​IMG]
    BUT WAIT BEFORE YOU PRESS THAT PLAY BUTTON!
    |
    |
    V

Step 5: This pack likes to eat up lots of RAM so doing this is
    EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! so don't skip this step! You MUST allocate at least 4 GB (I set mine to 6) or more of RAM to Minecraft! (Sorry 4 GB ram users and 32 bit users!) Otherwise it WILL CRASH before it can finish loading! To allocate more Ram, go to "Launcher Options" then the "Java settings" tab then set the RAM you need (provided you have 64 bit java.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 6: Now just go and install the pack! (It may take a minute or two)

When its done downloading, hit the play button. (It might look like its crashed but its just loading everything, if it crashes it will go back to the launcher window or state if something is missing).

Step 7:
    ENJOY!
    [​IMG]

-COMMON PROBLEMS-
    Problem: It crashes right after pressing the play button (access denied error)
    Solution: Move your installation folder outside of the AppData folder, this can be done in the "Modpack Options" (Its below Launcher Options").

Problem: Being a few hundred megabytes short of the minimum RAM requirement.
    Solution: Switch to the Default texture Pack instead of using the Soartex Pack.

(A slightly less common) problem: Ram usage slowly builds up to 100% a huge lag spike occurs and it goes down to a nominal amount.
    Solution(A): You allocated too much ram and Java's garbage collector needs to clean up large sum of (probably leaked) memory. If the pack passively uses less than half your allocated ram, reduce the allocated ram until it is over half (but no more than 75%! memory spikes WILL destabilize the game and cause frequent lag spikes.)

Solution (B): Memory leaking can cause passive ram usage to build up over several hours, the only way to fix this is to restart the pack and disable the console (IF you are running the pack consistently with no crashes!)​

-SMART MOVING IS YOUR BEST FRIEND!: You can sprint faster than most mobs can move! You can climb to reach new heights! You can crawl and swim into 1x1 areas! Use this to escape heavily armored players and flank enemies!

---SMART MOVING CONTROLS----

Left control: Grab ledge or other grip point.
    Left control + WASD: Sprint
    Hold space while sprinting to dive.
    Sneak+left control: prone
    Double tapping A,D,or S: Dodge
    Sprint+Prone: Slide (effect rapidly diminishes with armor weight).
    Hold shift+Hold Space: Charged high jump

-ARMOR WEIGHS YOU DOWN!: Its a bit of a botched system for now but armor slows you down up to 30% based on protection rating (Even more for the super heavy armors!) Think twice before bringing iron armor with you to explore the world!

-ALWAYS HAVE A TORCH!: If there is no light, it will be pitch black! It is pitch black at night and underground or enclosed areas where there is no light! Fortunately holding a torch, glowstone dust (or block), or a lava bucket, or wearing a golden helmet, will constantly light the area around you. These items will also emit light when dropped too!

USE AIRCRAFT TO GET AROUND!: Is someone on the server inviting you to a Mana bean eating contest but your too far away to walk there in a timely manner? Use a plane to get there quickly! (provided both parties have a sufficiently long runway. ) Is your mana bean addict living in a mountain range were no planes can land? Use a helicopter! Mind your fuel though!

-WATER IS FINITE: Water is now a resource (It does not make much sense that so many mods require water as a secondary resource, yet water is normally infinite.) Dam a lake and drain it for water! Alternatively, you can collect water from rain and store it cheaply in a Wooden Water Tank (It is an expandable multiblock structure, so it can hold a lot of water, and only water.) Don't be that guy who drains oceans ... please. Aqueous accumulators, Enderio reservoirs, and the Extra Utilities liquid transfer node w/ world interaction upgrade have been patched out.

-Mobs behavior has been tweaked. Undead mobs like zombies and skeletons are attracted to artificial light sources such as torches, that means that they will be attracted to the light of your base. If you take a certain amount of damage (I think its half health) there is a chance to bleed and track blood. This turns the undead into a bloodthirsty frenzy! So be ready to defend yourself ( you don't take bleed damage though!)

-Day and night (by default) is now a three hour cycle. This provides plenty of travel time and plenty of horror and time for night ops.

1. Admin Command Toolbox
    2. Agricraft
    3. AOBD
    4. Applied Energistics 2
    5. Aroma1997Core
    6. AromaBackup
    7. BdLib
    8. Better Storage
    9. Better Records
    10. BiblioCraft
    11. BiblioWoods BoP
    12. BiblioWoods Forestry
    13. BiblioWoods Natura
    14. Big Reactors
    15. Binnie's Mods
    16. Biomes O Plenty
    17. Buildcraft
    18. Buildcraft Compat
    19. Carpenter's Blocks
    20. ChickenChunks
    21. Chocolate Quest (w/HingedPrism expansion)
    22. Chisel 2
    23. CodeChickenCore
    24. CodeChickenLib
    25. CoFH Core
    26. ComputerCraft
    27. Custom Main Menu
    28. Decocraft
    29. Dense Ores
    30. Dynamic Lighting
    31. EnderIO CrazyPants,
    32. EnderTech
    33. EnderZoo
    34. ExtraTiC
    35. Extra Utilities
    36. Fastcraft
    37. FastLeafDecay
    38. Forbidden Magic
    39. Forestry
    40. Forge Multipart
    41. Funky Locomotion
    42. Gendustry
    43. Hardcore Darkness
    44. Hunger Overhaul
    45. iChunUtil
    46. IguanaTweaks
    47. Infinibows
    48. INpureCore
    49. Inventory Tweaks
    50. Iron Chests
    51. Jabba
    52. JourneyMap
    53. JourneyMap Server
    54. Logistics Pipes
    55. Magic Bees
    56. Mantle
    57. Mcheli
    58. MobDismemberment
    59. MineFactory Reloaded
    60. MineTweaker 3
    61. MobiusCore
    62. Morpheus
    63. MrTJPCore
    64. Mystcraft
    65. Natura
    66. NEI Addons
    67. NEI Integration
    68. Nether Ores
    69. Not Enough Items
    70. Not Enough Keys
    71. Not Enough Resources
    72. OpenBlocks
    73. OpenModsLib
    74. OpenPeripheral All-In-One
    75. Opis
    76. Pam's Harvestcraft
    77. Player API (Any animators so we add more custom animations?)
    78. ProjectRed
    79. Railcraft
    80. Render Tweaks
    81. Redstone Arsenal
    82. Resource Loader
    83. RF Tools
    84. Solar Expansion
    85. Springboards
    86. Smart Moving (YES!)
    87. Stefinus 3D guns mod
    88. Steve's Addons
    89. Steve's Carts
    90. Steve's Factory Manager
    91. Steve's Workshop
    92. Thaumcraft
    93. Thaumcraft NEI Plugin
    94. Thaumic Energistics
    95. Thaumic Exploration
    96. Thermal Dynamics
    97. Thermal Expansion
    98. Thermal Foundation
    99. Tinker's Construct
    100. Tinker's Mechworks
    101. Tinker's Steelworks
    102. Translocators
    103. ttCore
    104. Twilight Forest
    105. Waila
    106. Waila Harvestability
    107. Wawla
    108. Witchery
    109. WR-CBE
    110. Zombie Awareness

104.12.253.206:25565

Note: The pack is a fork of the FTB Infinity pack, with mods added, tweaked, and removed to drastically alter the Modpack experience!
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    Whoisthatkidd, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited by Whoisthatkidd; at Mar 4, 2017
  2. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    YES MY FRIEND, YOU, LOOKING AT THIS THREAD. COME RITE NOW PLAY ZIS
  3. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    > SMART MOVING IS YOUR BEST FRIEND
    YESSS!
    Snipecoolbunny and ColdFuseon like this.
  4. Danarkivus-2

Danarkivus-2 Back Into Space

looks great.
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  5. Snipecoolbunny

Snipecoolbunny Back Into Space

got a server?
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  6. Whoisthatkidd

Jeremail is working on bringing us a 24/7 server, hopefully it will be up by next weekend.

The beta server (hosted on my computer) is only open on the weekends and for a select few. PM me if you want to join it.
    Snipecoolbunny and ColdFuseon like this.
  7. Danarkivus-2

wow there is going to be sever thats great.!
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  8. Jeremail

Jeremail Dev Member

• Dev Member
    Stuff is slowly lining up, so I'm guessing it wont be long until we get to do the thing where people play together!
  9. Danarkivus-2

thats great.
  10. Danarkivus-2

i have a problem when i try and load the game i get stuck at the loading part and the game freezes.
  11. Whoisthatkidd

It does that on slower hard drives, if the console is still outputting initialization messages, then it is still loading, let it load and then it will unfreeze as it nears the main menu. If not, send me a log and I will get back with you after I analyze it.
  12. Danarkivus-2

ok thanks i had the langues part loading for 20 minutes and it did not work.
  13. NeonSturm

NeonSturm Back Into Space

Which mod takes the most RAM, disk-space, CPU-load, …?
    Perhaps you could make a lightweight version.

I would like to see let's play videos. I am not in the mood right now to test out everything myself because I am not familiar to how to craft everything in MC.
  14. Whoisthatkidd

Server info is posted! Check OP!
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  15. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    nice
  16. Whoisthatkidd

I could make a lighter version with smaller textures, but if i removed mods in the lighter version you cant play on the server. However, using the default Minecraft texture pack should cut down RAM usage considerably. As for diskspace, the pack only takes up 414 megabytes, but watch out for update caching (when the pack updates, it leaves the old version in the "Cache" folder in your modpack install director.) Also, if you curious on how to craft something, search it into NEI (the black box in your inventory screen) and press "R" to find recipes, and "U" to find out uses. If NEI is set to recipe mode, then left click for recipes, right click for uses.

And it now up with Autorestart! (so that its not down for two weeks at a time.) Jeremail is the admin.
    The IP is mc.seedofandromeda.com
    The teamspeak IP (for now) is ts3.thejeremail.net

Hope to see you on!

If it doesnt work, send me a log please! By default the log should be found in "%APPDATA%/Roaming/.technic/modpacks/soa-community-pack/logs" and the latest one is convienently named "latest.log".
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    Whoisthatkidd, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited by Whoisthatkidd; at Dec 30, 2015
  17. Danarkivus-2

you mean this
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mco5od1z3qs0i0p/latest.log?dl=0
  18. Danarkivus-2

never mind found out what was going wrong and fixed it my self.
  19. Danarkivus-2

also just a suggestion add glacticraft into the mod pack I think it would suite the theam.
  20. Whoisthatkidd

Alright, I finally fixed an issue with server view distance that was resulting in major connection lag for users. The official server should have less latency now.