1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Release or Not To Release...

Discussion in 'Asset Packs' started by Gingy, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

I have a texture pack that I've been working on from time to time for this game. However, the fact that the texture system is having a massive overhaul is making me wonder if I should wait to work on my textures until the system is complete. My current progress is enough that once the varriations for each type are made, I will have most of the block textures that naturally occur on the surface done. Though, most of these textures will have to be redone once the system is finished. Might it be better to just release it anyway and edit accordingly to add the new features to what is currently finished, or should I wait?
  2. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

No, you can continue to work normally.
    The difference is that now it will offer so many different options for you to work with after it's done.
    So, no work is lost, only the possibilities are expanded.
    That said, your textures won't stop working nor anything like that, so you will not need to redo anything :)

Edit: maybe after the update you will have to reorganize the folders and block names, if you even have to.
    tetryds, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by tetryds; at Oct 30, 2014
  3. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

Well, right now most are not even in the SOA folders for the textures yet. They're all just sitting in a folder where I keep all my finished textures on an external hard drive.
  4. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

Then you can keep making them without worrying :)