1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trees pack

Discussion in 'Asset Packs' started by tetryds, Mar 22, 2014.

1. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

Well, recently I've been working a lot on making trees for a new planet.
    But those trees take a while to be made, and making an entire world full of new trees will take even longer.
    So, I will be posting here all the trees i make, the instructions on how to add the tree on your world are on the bottom of this page.

Here is my first tree, its an Araucaria.
    That is a very unique kind of pine, that only exists in one region of the world.
    Here are pictures of the original and the ingame trees:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD

The tecnical limits I reached when making this tree are that i could not figure out a parameter to directly increase the lenght of the branch without affecting other characteristics, and also that the leaves ocupy one entire block and does not have transparency, which makes it impossible to make the long curved branches visible.

To use the tree on your world there are two ways, the easy one and the hard one.
    The easy way is just change the name of the tree by the name of another tree that already exists and replace it.
    The hard way is...
    Nevermind, if you don't know how to do it on your own its just too complicated to explain atm, just wait for the editor.
  2. Benjamin

Benjamin Lead Developer

• Dev Leader
    I am really excited to see what you do with the tree and world editor Tetryds :)
  3. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

Thanks, I will try to make as many nice trees as I can!
    I am currently working on this tree now: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/83/Socotra_dragon_tree.JPG
    It's a real challenge, but i'm getting near.