1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

water pumps

Discussion in 'Mod Requests' started by zeroinnocent, May 11, 2014.

1. zeroinnocent

zeroinnocent Tester

• Tester
    would be great to have water pumps. if you could connect a pipe to a drain, then to a pump and from there to a sink. you can makes water slides and stuff.
  2. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

It doesn't need to be a mod request, AFAIK it's planned.
    But you dont need to worry about that! There is already a way to make a water pump.
    Make a 1x1 area pipe, place a sand sink on the lower part and a sand spawner on the upper part, open one hole at bottom and another at the top.
    There is your water pipe!
    Pipe or store it as you wish.
    It will spawn lots of sand around it, it's up to you to deal with them.
  3. zeroinnocent

zeroinnocent Tester

• Tester
    haha good but at the moment there is no water pressure in game if you make a pipe with a U turn on it the water does not go up the pipe.
  4. tetryds

Yes, it still doesn't have pressure, but it will.
    Also, AFAIK water in pipes won't work exactly like water on pipes made by blocks.
    There will be a specialized pipe block that will behave better for that specific usage.
    And water pressure is a confirmed feature under work, so yeah.
    tetryds, May 12, 2014
    Last edited by tetryds; at May 12, 2014
  5. Whoisthatkidd

Whoisthatkidd Balanced Balancer

I think there is a way to make an improvised "pump" right now by using a sand/snow spawner block and having a proper drain at the bottom and then run the water and I think it might go up. But yes, pressure shall be added!

P.S. I think the "pump" contraption idea was from tetryds so Im gonna give him full credit.
  6. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    If SoA can simulate water pressure and the game doesn't instantly die, I will be chalking this up on the list of "Things SoA Is Doing Better Than Minecraft At".
    On a related note, what about water streaming out of small holes? I don't think it would be very easy, but just a thought...
  7. tetryds

Wait, Arctic, did you mean water being able to drain through cracked and damaged blocks?
    That would be pretty awesome.
    Or you mean special blocks made out of voxels?
    I have no idea how those will behave, but normal pipes are likelly to be narrower than one block..
  8. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    I mean it would be cool that water would be able to drain through damaged blocks. It would also be cool if at a certain pressure, water would "Rush" out, like a bursting dam.
  9. tetryds

Ah, yeah, I hope that water under pressure gets splashed far away!
    Both ideas are awesome and I hope to see both ingame.
    Water flowing through blocks could damage it even more over time depending on the material too.
  10. zeroinnocent

zeroinnocent Tester

• Tester
    would be cool if like gravel and sand could have water draining through it and that it had some % of water in them like mud. but it seams like a hard thing to implement.