1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weapon/Tool Model Configuration

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Gingy, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

Particularly, what the main focus of this suggestion is for is the option to switch the orientation of gun models based on whether the player is left handed or right handed. I also think it would be nice to have the ability to change the scale of the models. I feel like these are pretty nuanced requests, so it wont be a deal breaker if this isn't considered for the game. I just thought the idea was worth posting. Regardless, it would be nice to see if anyone else thinks this would be cool to have in the game.
  2. Sevio

Sevio Back Into Space

Being able to switch weapons/tools between left or right handed might be a nice touch, I'm not sure about changing the scale of weapons or tools though. You could end up with World of Warcraft-levels of exaggerated weapon sizes:
    [​IMG]
  3. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    I like the idea. CS has the ability to do this, why not SoA?
  4. tetryds

tetryds cus tet, that's it

SoA microvoxels have 1.5625cm edges, and a total volume of 3.815cm^3, if you scale that around, even with smal deviations, you get them to mismatch both the texture and other ingame voxel objects.
    For example, scaling the edge only 10% makes you end up with a 5.07cm^3 volume on the voxels, that is almost 2 times the previous volume.
    I assume that the voxel objects will be able to be matched and interact, so I don't think that scaling will be possible (unless there is no such mechanic).
    Being able to customize items would be super awesome though, either using modular parts or adding voxels to more rustic items, like CubeWorld weapon customization.
    tetryds, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by tetryds; at Feb 25, 2015
    Gingy likes this.
  5. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

Well, this idea I had wasn't necessarily aimed at scaling up, but scaling down. That's not to say I don't think that scaling up might not be needed. Either way, I'm sure the devs could limit these to reasonable values, if what tetryds mentioned doesn't prevent this.
  6. Sevio

Sevio Back Into Space

I don't know what's in the planning for tool creation in SoA, if the microvoxels a tool or weapon is made up of have a specific gameplay effect and may be connected/combined with other such microvoxel objects to create something useful, I don't think scaling could work. That would be like asking for a scale slider on a minecraft house you built, it can't support arbitrary scaling without going off the grid and being disconnected from everything else.

If it's just cosmetic, some scaling is probably feasible, but would depend on the design choices of the devs. Should tools and weapons have a consistent look or do you allow customization, resulting in inconsistently sized microvoxels between different players' equipment?
  7. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

I see what you mean now. That probably wouldn't work. Might there still be hope for left and right handed models?
  8. Danarkivus-2

Danarkivus-2 Back Into Space

i would like this,