1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PsychoticLeprechaun, Feb 16, 2014.

1. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    Hello there! Welcome to the Seed of Andromeda forums!

Here you may learn all about the project, what the community is doing, and what you can do to help out!

Firstly, as a whole we would like to thank you for showing interest in our project. It is great when a community backs a team early, as it really does motivate us to work ever harder.

Secondly, we would also like to encourage you to be as active as possible! We read every post, and you will often, if not always, get a reply from at least one of us on the team - it is the least we can do in thanks of your support!

We look forward to seeing you on the forums,

SoA Team!

P.S. as a big thank you to early adopters of the forum, the first 50 registered users will be allowed to have custom titles set! This will very likely be the easiest way to get such a thing, so don't hesitate to join the forums now! To get your custom title, send me or any of the moderation/admin staff your desired custom title and it will be added asap. Alternatively you can post it here if you wish!
  2. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
  3. Asimov

Asimov Festina lente. [#32]

Glad we have forums now!

Thanks.
  4. Nathan

Nathan Crash Landed

How do you Spawn????
    ColdFuseon and Arpak like this.
  5. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    Version 0.1.6 let's you spawn, 0.2.0.-1 is just a demo of 0.2.0's new world selection and star system features. :)
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  6. Nathan

Nathan Crash Landed

thankyou soo much
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  7. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    No worries!
    ColdFuseon likes this.
  8. Danarkivus-2

Danarkivus-2 Back Into Space

oh great the spam bots have found a new way in.
  9. TYHENDER

TYHENDER Industrial Re-revolutionist

No spam bot will go through captcha,it`s evenhard for human.
  10. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    The original captcha implementation by Google (ReCaptcha v1.0) was beaten by bots a long time ago. ReCaptcha v2.0 is a lot harder for bots to beat, in fact probably impossible for the time being, but this forum software builds its captcha on top of ReCaptcha v1.0 or (at the forum admin's choice) on top of a custom roll of a question and answer captcha. It seems likely that there is either a vulnerability in the second one, or the bots currently getting through registration actually have humans doing a small part of their registration work (if no vulnerability existed in it, pure bots would be unable to process the questions posted to get in).
  11. TYHENDER

WEll,Humans can spam too.
  12. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    That is very true, to be honest I haven't really got any data that says either way - we'll find out come a week or so from now (going to be able to get on the case of updating the forums to ReCaptcha v2.0 just as soon as I get my exams and a music festival outta the way!).
  13. TYHENDER

OMG , music festival?
  14. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    I went to Download music festival. Had to see one of Black Sabbath's last performances. Plus Iron Maiden and Rammstein, what's not to love? :D
  15. TYHENDER

Wow cool, i`m almost jealous i didn`t go there.
  16. gNightrow

gNightrow Crash Landed

when are you making new videos on youtube and are you going to be trying out the game with a titan x pascal and 64 gb of ram
    joppiesaus likes this.
  17. PsychoticLeprechaun

• Dev Member
    No videos for a long while, I'm afraid. Reality has conspired to mire many of us devs with large amounts of work. As far as engine or game goes development is in hiatus - though some development is happening from time to time with regards to my work on the back-end server stuff we'll need.

As for testing the game on those sort of specs, none of us have even got a rig close to that. If anyone does, please do record it and put it up on YouTube, would love to see the physics running buttery smooth as a landslide rolls over an entire hill :D
    joppiesaus likes this.
  18. gNightrow

gNightrow Crash Landed

I am truly blown away by the trickery of the render distance, it brakes the boundaries between an enclosed sandbox to an open world , this game needs a mainstream sized comunity

Attached Files:

TYHENDER, Thomas988 and joppiesaus like this.