1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your ABSOLUTE favorite part about SoA?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael-CM, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Chaser04

Chaser04 Reinvented The Wheel

In all honesty, I have to agree with Potatocat, the community is awesome! By far my favorite!
    Thomas988 and Potatocat like this.
  2. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    Thr community is awesome.
    The community is people.
    I am a people.
    Ergo, I am awesome.
  3. Potatocat

Potatocat Back Into Space

YAS.... I rate it ten potatoes
  4. Sevio

Sevio Back Into Space

I think this thread is a bit stuck in a mutual and/or self-admiration loop now. :p What would you tell to friends that you're trying to get interested in the game? An awesome community helps but you have to sell the game on its own merits as well!
    Sevio, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited by Sevio; at Sep 3, 2015
  5. PsychoticLeprechaun

PsychoticLeprechaun Designer & Web Developer

• Dev Member
    You can tumble down really tall mountains and not die. That's always been a downside of mountain tumbling in real life... :(
    Snipecoolbunny likes this.
  6. Danarkivus-2

Danarkivus-2 Back Into Space

imagine if that was the case in real life there could be hundreds of new and awesome sports because of that.

that gives me an idea.
  7. Snipecoolbunny

Snipecoolbunny Back Into Space

ROCKET LEAGUE!!!!
  8. Michael-CM

Michael-CM Community Manager

• Dev Member
    This is good! Thank you all for the feedback. I needed a bit more from the receiving end of the process in addition to the producing end to get a more well-rounded view of what this game is going to do for people. Though I am a big fan of the community as well, are there any more game-specific qualities that you all favor?
    Snipecoolbunny and Thomas988 like this.
  9. Thomas988

Thomas988 Back Into Space

SoA is a rare game that masters both large- and small-scale terrain. Let's look at small-scale first. If I build a base somewhere, the region around it is completely unique to anywhere else in the world. This means that no matter where I go, the terrain is always different and provides a whole new experience. There's there's large-scale: you can see for dozens or hundreds of kilometers out toward the horizon, seeing distant mountains and oceans in all their grandeur. As you walk around, nothing on the horizon moves, creating an amazing sense of smallness. Whenever I'm on Darwin and fly into space, I'm always amazed at how much "stuff" there is. What I thought was a large gulf of or mountain range quickly vanishes into the distance, entire continents coming into view. This game is massive beyond all belief, and that's why I'm so excited for an entire solar system to be explored, as well as in some distant time vehicles and spacecraft. :D