1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows 10.

Discussion in 'Nerd Out Zone' started by Danarkivus-2, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Danarkivus-2

Danarkivus-2 Back Into Space

just wanted to say got. and it is amazing it runs so much better than windows 8 i get a hole extra 10 fps on all my games and it looks much better.
  2. ColdFuseon

ColdFuseon Lost in Space

• Contributor
    I'll not install it because appearently, every movement and thing you do there are sent to the servers of Microsoft.
  3. joppiesaus

joppiesaus Infamous Space-Octopus

That's not what I want from an OS. It's an OS! Microsoft, why turn you into google + facebook?

And then you have those types "haeh dont care dont do anything stupid :laugh:" but that's not right. It doesn't feel right. I don't pay $100 for an OS that spies on you. That google analyzes your result isn't *that* bad, because the service is free and they want to make money of you, by "showing personalized ads".
    Slightly wrong also, because just logging all data is not going to give you good ads. Imagine a shared computer, you get weird ads. Just because I booked a flight to America doesn't mean I want 5 other flights to America. That I like Coca Cola doesn't mean that I like Pepsi either.
    It's not working. It's not going to work.

mumble mumble
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    joppiesaus, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited by joppiesaus; at Aug 1, 2015
    Gingy, Snipecoolbunny and ColdFuseon like this.
  4. Arpak

Arpak Moderator - Former CM

You can actually disable all of that in the installation, the problem is most people decide to just choose "Express Settings"...
  5. Snipecoolbunny

Snipecoolbunny Back Into Space

i like windows 7 the best. its simple and fast. 'nuff said
  6. Arpak

That was my mindset before I switched to Windows 8.1, but then a freak system lockup at a LAN party and the only OS available being 8.1 I bit my tongue and turns out, 8.1 is a lot faster than 7 ever was, I'm sure this is also the case with Windows 10.
  7. Snipecoolbunny

ive NEVER had windows 7 lock up or anything thats a problem about it. ive had win7 since its beta. my dad was a beta tester and he installed and ive been using it ever since. updated versions overtime of course.
    i seriously have never had a problem with windows 7. its user-friendly and i like it way better than windows 8. firstly because win8 feels too much like the xbox consoles. and second is when you have it on desktop mode, it feels too much like a revamped vista. its yes faster, but its simply not as user friendly.
    thats my opinion though, you'll have yours no doubt. but i stated why i like win7 better than 8.
  8. Arctic

Arctic Giant Robot Advocate

• Tester
    I can say almost exactly the same thing. Used 7 all my life, even used the beta, yadda yadda. Windows 7 is definitely up there with XP as one of the best single operating systems of all time.

Along with, you know, Linux/GNU.
    Chaser04 and Snipecoolbunny like this.
  9. Arpak

Honestly though, if you asked me 2 years ago I would agree with you militantly, but after using Windows 8.1 as my daily driver for a couple weeks, I realised how good it actually is.
  10. Sevio

Sevio Back Into Space

I upgraded to win10 from 8.1 last weekend and I've got to say I like the start menu better than that horrible full-screen mobile tablet-thing in 8.1. Other than that I don't interact with it a whole lot as its only purpose is running my games and the Linux virtual machine where I do all my browsing and chatting. Getting a permanent upgrade is nice to be future proof if win10 is indeed going to be the last Windows version for a long time.
    joppiesaus likes this.
  11. Snipecoolbunny

i heard it tracks you worse than google.
  12. Arpak

If you install it with the express settings, yea. Never install anything with default settings.
    Thomas988 likes this.
  13. zeroinnocent

zeroinnocent Tester

• Tester
    just installed it! tnx Arpak for notifying me about the tracking options. turned all of them of. so far its not to bad, a bit confusing.
  14. Arpak

No problem! Enjoy! Now all we need are some big DX12 games...
  15. Gingy

Gingy Back Into Space

Sadly, I'm hearing that certain updates to 7-8.1 have added all the things everyone hated about Windows 10. Since I now know that, I think I would rather upgrade to 10 where I can at least turn those settings off.
  16. joppiesaus

joppiesaus Infamous Space-Octopus